Tata Motors boosts profits with demand for JLR’sAugust 11th, 2010 - 6:43 pm ICT by ANI
London, Aug 11 (ANI): The rising global demand for cars coming out of the Birmingham-based Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) division is helping Indian owner Tata Motors back into profit.
According to The Independent, Tata Motors has earned net profits of 19.9 billionn rupees (272 million dollars) for the three months to the end of June, compared with a loss of 3.3 billion rupees in the same period last year. Currently, the revenues have shot up by 64 per cent to 271billion rupees.
JLR division is playing a key role in the parent company’s recovery, as demand for luxury brands returns on growing global economic confidence.
In 2008, Tata Motors bought JLR for 1.5 billion dollars, and in the first ten months after the takeover, the Birmingham-based luxury car maker produced 167,000 vehicles and
recorded 280 million dollars in losses.
However, JLR’s net income for the quarter to the end of June came in at 221 million dollars, a significant turnaround from last year’s 64 million dollar loss. Sales topped 57,000 vehicles compared with less than 40,000 last year.
Land Rover sales grew by a healthy 26 per cent in Europe and by 54 per cent in the UK over the year to the end of July. (ANI)
- Tata Motors scrip down on concerns over JLR - May 30, 2012
- Jaguar-Land Rover eyes booming China market - Jul 06, 2012
- Tata Motors registers a profit of rupees 6.5 billion in December quarter - Feb 27, 2010
- Tata Motors third quarter net profit up 40.47 percent - Feb 14, 2012
- Jaguar Land Rover eyes 250 units sale in current fiscal - Mar 25, 2010
- Tata Motors Group's November sales up 35 percent - Dec 15, 2011
- Tata's Jaguar Land Rover, China's Chery in joint venture - Mar 21, 2012
- Tata Motors global sales up 26 percent in March - Apr 16, 2012
- Tata Motors posts consolidated quarterly profit - Nov 28, 2009
- Jaguar Land Rover opens first plant in India - May 27, 2011
- Tata Motors Q2 consolidated net profit down 15.55 percent - Nov 14, 2011
- Tata Motors posts Rs.2,223 crore Q2 profit (Lead) - Nov 09, 2010
- Tata Motors posts Rs.2,240.08 crore net in 2009-10 - May 27, 2010
- Jaguar Land Rover to invest 355 mn pounds on engines - Sep 19, 2011
- Tata Motors posts Rs.1,989 crore profit in Q1 - Aug 10, 2010
Tags: billion dollars, car maker, dollar loss, economic confidence, global demand, jlr, key role, land rover, land rover sales, luxury brands, luxury car, million dollars, net income, net profits, parent company, rupees, takeover, tata motors, three months, turnaround