Tata, Kolkata firm form new telecom infrastructure company (Lead)January 5th, 2009 - 2:56 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 5 (IANS) Tata Teleservices, the country’s leading CDMA telecom services provider, and Kolkata-based Quippo Telecom Infrastructure, Monday announced the merger of their infrastructure businesses to create an independent telecom infrastructure company.Under the terms of the partnership, the Tata group firm and Quippo will swap 51 percent and 49 percent stake respectively in the infrastructure business held by them.
The management rights in Wireless Tata Telecom Infrastructure (WTTIL), the tower arm of Tata Teleservices, shall now move over to an independent professional management run by Quippo.
The Kolkata firm will also make an upfront cash payment of approximately Rs.2,400 crore (Rs.24 billion) and transfer its passive telecom tower portfolio of approximately 5,000 towers to WTTIL. The combined entity will therefore have a portfolio of 18,000 towers, with an enterprise valuation of approximately Rs.13,000 crore ($2.6 billion).
“The combined entity will reap the benefits of significant synergies through combining of portfolios - both at the operational and financial levels. This will further increase scale and reach while ensuring better asset utilisation, and upside in tenancy and reduction in capital expenditure,” Tata teleservices managing director Anil Sardana told reporters here.
- Tata, Kolkata firm form new telecom infrastructure company (Third Lead) - Jan 05, 2009
- RCom merges tower business with GTL Infra - Jun 27, 2010
- Quippo buys 49 percent in Tata Teleservices subsidiary - Jan 05, 2009
- Tata Indicom launches Blackberry Bold 9650 for CDMA users - Oct 29, 2010
- SREI Infra to integrate Quippo with self - Jan 29, 2010
- Tata Teleservices to invest Rs.500 crore in Gujarat - Jan 18, 2011
- 2G scam: Ratan Tata appears before PAC - Apr 04, 2011
- Tata Teleservices applications received late: Mathur - Apr 16, 2012
- Cabinet okays Rs.14,000 crore as spectrum auction base price - Aug 03, 2012
- Dilip Chhabria, Jagdish Khattar join hands (Business Capsule) - Sep 21, 2009
- Tata Indicom's offer: Talk endlessly for Re.1 - Sep 01, 2009
- Tata Docomo rolls out 3G-service in India's tech hub - Nov 03, 2010
- Affected telecom firms file review pleas in Supreme Court (Lead) - Mar 02, 2012
- Telenor plans Rs.2,000 crore investment in India - Apr 21, 2012
- No violation on Swan Telecom holding, license: RCOM - Feb 13, 2011