Tata extends deadline on Jaguar Land Rover bridge loanMay 28th, 2009 - 1:34 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 28 (IANS) Passenger and heavy vehicle manufacturer Tata Motors has extended the maturity deadline on a bridge finance of $1 billion raised for financing the Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) deal struck in March last year by 18 months till Dec 31 2010, the company said in a statement Thursday.
“This transaction was concluded amidst challenging market conditions in the global credit market and in the automotive sector. Tata Motors thanks the lending institutions for trust reposed by them in the performance and outlook of the company,” Tata Motors chief financial officer C. Ramakrishnan.
The extension and earlier payments of $1.16 billion and $840 million respectively have completed the refinance of the $3-billion bridge loan for 12 months taken in June last year for the JLR deal.
This comes a fortnight after Tata Motors chairman Ratan Tata admitted in an interview to British newspaper Sunday Times that the timing of the deal was questionable.
“Both the acquisitions were made (JLR and steelmaker Corus), I would say at an inopportune time in the sense that they were near the top of the market in terms of price,” Tata was quoted as saying.
- Jaguar-Land Rover eyes booming China market - Jul 06, 2012
- Tata's Jaguar Land Rover, China's Chery in joint venture - Mar 21, 2012
- S&P; raises Tata Motors ratings - Jul 09, 2012
- British trade minister to visit India next week (Lead) - Mar 11, 2011
- A factsheet on the Tata Group - Nov 24, 2011
- Jaguar Land Rover opens first plant in India - May 27, 2011
- Jaguar Land Rover to invest 355 mn pounds on engines - Sep 19, 2011
- Tata Motors to build 2,000 Land Rovers a year in Pune plant - Mar 02, 2011
- Tata Motors scrip down on concerns over JLR - May 30, 2012
- British trade minister to visit India next week - Mar 11, 2011
- Tata Motors, JLR to collaborate on R&D; - Sep 07, 2011
- We went too far with JLR: Ratan Tata - May 10, 2009
- Reports of Tata's comments on Mukesh Ambani incorrect: Tatas - May 22, 2011
- Tata in secret loan talks with British government: report - Nov 23, 2008
- Tata Motors Group's November sales up 35 percent - Dec 15, 2011
Tags: 1 billion, 12 months, acquisitions, bridge loan, chairman ratan tata, chief financial officer, fortnight, global credit, heavy vehicle, inopportune time, jaguar, land rover, lending institutions, maturity, motors chairman, New Delhi, steelmaker, sunday times, tata motors, vehicle manufacturer