Tata DoCoMo starts GSM service in Chennai, Tamil Nadu circlesJune 24th, 2009 - 4:40 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 24 (IANS) Tata DoCoMo, the joint venture between telecom majors Tata Teleservices and NTT DoCoMo of Japan, commercially launched GSM telephony operations in Chennai and Tamil Nadu circles Wednesday.
Tata DoCoMo’s pan-India service rollout will be completed this year, with entire south Indian circles going “live” in a fortnight, it said in a statement.
The company, which intends investing $2 billion (Rs.10,000 crore), has received a licence to operate GSM telecom services in 19 telecom circles and been allotted spectrum in 18.
“This launch is truly a moment of triumph for the consumer. The launch of pay-per-use, per-second concept offered by Tata DoCoMo will create a paradigm shift in the overall telecom experience for the customer,” Tata group chairman Ratan Tata was quoted as saying.
Tata DoCoMo products will be available in nearly 20,000 outlets across the country.
- Tata Docomo completes south India rollout - Jul 16, 2009
- Tata Teleservices launches GSM service - Jun 10, 2009
- Tata Teleservices to invest $2 bn for GSM rollout (Second Lead) - Jun 10, 2009
- Tata Teleservices launches GSM service (Lead) - Jun 10, 2009
- Tata Docomo launches pay-per-character Diet-SMS - Sep 08, 2009
- Tata Teleservices launches GSM services in Maharashtra - Aug 06, 2009
- Tata-Docomo plans research and development centre in India - Oct 08, 2009
- Tata Docomo launches 3G service in Punjab, Haryana - Nov 09, 2010
- Tata Tele crosses 77 million subscribers mark - Sep 13, 2010
- Tata Teleservices applications received late: Mathur - Apr 16, 2012
- Tata Docomo to launch 3G services on Nov 5 - Nov 03, 2010
- Japan's NTT DOCOMO to invest Rs.8 bn in Tata Teleservices - Mar 31, 2011
- Tata Teleservices integrates all services under Tata DOCOMO - Oct 19, 2011
- Tata Docomo launches 3G tariff packages - Nov 09, 2010
- Tata, Future Group launch GSM mobile service - Jun 19, 2010
Tags: chairman ratan tata, crore, fortnight, group chairman, india service, joint venture, june 24, launch, majors, New Delhi, ntt docomo, paradigm shift, pay per use, service rollout, spectrum, tata group, tata teleservices, telecom circles, telecom experience, telecom services