Tata Communications to expand its global network to EgyptApril 14th, 2008 - 4:34 pm ICT by admin
Mumbai, April 14 (IANS) Tata Communications Ltd. has inked a deal with TE Data S.A.E., a subsidiary of Telecom Egypt and Egypt’s largest P-based data communications carrier for the expansion of its global VPN (virtual private network) service in Egypt. Tata Communications and TE Data have interconnected their respective MPLS (multi-protocol label switching) infrastructures with European and Indian network hubs with TE Data’s facilities in Egypt in order to serve enterprise customers’ growing worldwide connectivity needs.
Genius Wong, senior vice president of Tata Communications (IP and VPN services), said: “Our agreement with TE Data is part of our larger MPLS expansion plan that will include other agreements, as well as the expansion of Tata Communications international on-net, in key strategic regions and emerging markets that are of high value to our customers.”
The agreement allows Tata Communications to seamlessly extend its current end-to-end service capabilities by incorporating the TE Data’s IP MPLS network footprint in Egypt, using more than 800 access points-of-presence.
This agreement is the latest in Tata Communications’ plans to continue to develop and expand its global coverage. Tata Communications already offers its MPLS services in almost 40 countries and expects to reach over 50 by the end of 2008.
- Tata Communications expands VPN services to Egypt - Apr 14, 2008
- Tata Communications breaks into Nigerian market - Jul 27, 2012
- Tata Communications ties up with Bahraini telcom firm - Sep 29, 2008
- Reliance Communications bags Rs.150 crore government orders - Aug 30, 2012
- Airtel launches data services in Thailand and Malaysia - Aug 31, 2010
- Airtel sets up direct link between India, China - Dec 23, 2010
- IBM India to offer efficient energy solutions - Mar 12, 2012
- Airtel deal with Nokia Siemens for expansion in Africa - Sep 29, 2011
- Reliance communication launches new 3G tablet for Rs.14,499 - Jul 19, 2012
- Antony dedicates Air Force Network to the nation - Sep 14, 2010
- Tata Communications, Oman's Nawras launch undersea cable network - Nov 15, 2011
- Reliance unit launches subsea cable service in Iraq - Jul 02, 2012
- Microland to offer cloud solutions with Microsoft - Apr 06, 2012
- Sify unveils undersea cable landing station in Mumbai - Jan 11, 2012
- Verizon offers direct connections through Mumbai, Chennai gateways - Feb 28, 2009
Tags: communications international, data communications, enterprise customers, expansion plan, global coverage, global network, ip mpls, mpls network, network footprint, network hubs, private network service, protocol label, senior vice president, service capabilities, te data, telecom egypt, virtual private network, virtual private network service, vpn services, worldwide connectivity