Tata Communications ties up with Cisco, Philippine firmMarch 31st, 2009 - 8:04 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 31 (IANS) Tata Communications Tuesday said it has tied up with Cisco and Philippine Long Distance Telecommunications (PLDT) to roll out telepresence services, the next generation video-based communication technology, in the Philippines.
As per the agreement, the companies have decided to open a public telepresence studio in the Philippines, which will be operated by PLDT.
The studio will be connected to Tata Communications’ public telepresence network in cities like Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad and Gurgaon in India and Boston and London, the company said in a statement.
Cisco telepresence provides life-like, high definition, conferencing facilities with superior audio, video and environmental qualities, it said.
The studio will also be connected to Cisco’s public telepresence suite in Santa Clara in the US.
“We are very excited with this collaboration with PLDT and Tata as it makes Cisco TelePresence more accessible to the Philippines,” Cisco Philippines country manager Stephen Misa said.
PLDT will also offer private managed telepresence services for organisations that want to have their own telepresence rooms, the statement added.
Added Sunil Joshi, president (Asia Pacific region), Tata Communications: “We were the first global service provider to bring public Cisco TelePresence rooms to the market and we continue to open up more rooms in Asia Pacific, North America, Europe and also the emerging markets in 2009.”
- Tata Communications ties up with Starwood Hotels - Jun 30, 2009
- Cisco raises Tandberg offer to $3.41 bn - Nov 17, 2009
- Huawei unveils gigabit switches for Indian enterprises - Jun 25, 2012
- Tata Communications breaks into Nigerian market - Jul 27, 2012
- Tata Communications launches InstaCompute in Singapore - Mar 08, 2011
- Southampton varsity researchers to develop systems to support flawless tele-presence - Mar 01, 2011
- Bharti Airtel partners with US firm - Oct 06, 2009
- Soon, home entertainment without goggles could become a reality - Mar 01, 2011
- ICT solutions to transform healthcare, bridge India's rural-urban health divide - May 10, 2010
- Cisco targets $34 billion market with new collaboration portfolio - Sep 25, 2008
- Tata Communication launches Ethernet network in 24 nodes - Nov 16, 2010
- Sify unveils undersea cable landing station in Mumbai - Jan 11, 2012
- Air Chief inaugurates Tele-Presence System - Sep 09, 2009
- Cisco to buy video software developer for $5 bn - Mar 16, 2012
- New technology to drive Internet faster - Mar 12, 2012
Tags: asia pacific region, bangalore, cisco, communication technology, emerging markets, environmental qualities, global service provider, gurgaon, high definition, hyderabad, joshi, long distance telecommunications, misa, New Delhi, next generation, north america europe, philippine long distance, philippines country, santa clara, tata