Tata Communications ties up with Bahraini telcom firmSeptember 29th, 2008 - 7:38 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 29 (IANS) Telecom service provider Tata Communications Monday announced expansion of its multi-protocol label switching (MPLS) in the Middle East through a partnership with Bahrain Telecommunications Co (Batelco).Batelco is Bahrain’s leading integrated communications provider, providing end-to-end telecommunications solutions to retail and enterprise customers in the Middle East region.
This partnership will enable Tata Communications to offer MPLS virtual private network (VPN) services into Bahrain, Kuwait, Jordan and other locations within the region for its customers in the Middle East and elsewhere in the world, a company statement said.
In computer networking and telecommunications, MPLS is a data-carrying mechanism with improved speed of routers, and is mainly used to forward Internet Protocol (communications) datagrams and Ethernet traffic.
VPN is a network that uses a public telecommunications, such as the Internet, to provide remote offices or individuals secure access to their organisation’s network.
The partnership with Batelco extends Tata Communications’ capability to provide MPLS services in 78 countries, the statement added.
- Airtel launches data services in Thailand and Malaysia - Aug 31, 2010
- Tata Communication launches Ethernet network in 24 nodes - Nov 16, 2010
- Huawei unveils gigabit switches for Indian enterprises - Jun 25, 2012
- Reliance unit launches subsea cable service in Iraq - Jul 02, 2012
- Antony dedicates Air Force Network to the nation - Sep 14, 2010
- 'Digital Super Highway' launched for panchayats in Kerala - Sep 21, 2012
- Reliance Communications bags Rs.150 crore government orders - Aug 30, 2012
- Tata Communications, Oman's Nawras launch undersea cable network - Nov 15, 2011
- Tata Communications launches advanced networking service - Jul 21, 2009
- Airtel deal with Nokia Siemens for expansion in Africa - Sep 29, 2011
- Tata Communications expands VPN services to Egypt - Apr 14, 2008
- Tata Communications breaks into Nigerian market - Jul 27, 2012
- Etisalat connects UAE to South Sudan - Apr 27, 2012
- Geojit BNP Paribas in JV with Bank of Bahrain and Kuwait - Aug 08, 2011
- Tata Communications eyeing British C&W; Worldwide - Mar 01, 2012
Tags: batelco, communications capability, internet protocol, protocol communications, protocol label, public telecommunications, telecom service provider, telecommunications co, telecommunications solutions, virtual private network