Tata Communications launches InstaCompute in SingaporeMarch 8th, 2011 - 8:11 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 8 (IANS) Tata Communications Tuesday launched InstaCompute infrastructure as a service (IaaS) in Singapore which will also cover neighbouring countries like Malaysia, Hong Kong, Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam and Philippines.
Later this year, InstaCompute services will be extended to Britain, US and South African markets, the company said in a statement.
InstaCompute offers secure and elastic computing and storage resources to business over Tata Communications’ IP backbone.
“Singapore businesses are aggressively adopting innovative business technologies that will allow them to leapfrog on to the international stage. Singapore is where our international headquarters are based and is a key market for us,” said Vinod Kumar, managing director and chief executive officer of Tata Communications.
As per IDC forecasts in the next five years, Asia Pacific’s spending on IT cloud services will grow fourfold, reaching $4.6 billion by 2014.
The new service makes Tata Communications the first Indian telecom infrastructure provider to offer cloud computing solutions globally.
- Tata Communications to base global headquarters in Singapore - May 11, 2011
- Intel chips to power servers for cloud computing - Jul 15, 2011
- Public cloud computing to touch Rs.2,434 crore by 2014 - Jun 07, 2011
- BSNL launces six internet data centres for cloud services - Apr 16, 2012
- Tulip Telecom offers on-demand cloud storage services - May 03, 2012
- Netmagic unveils cloud 2.0, India's first web-based on-demand utility computing cloud service - May 27, 2010
- RComm launches service for enterprise solutions - Sep 12, 2012
- TCS bags contract from Deutsche Bank - Sep 19, 2011
- Essar unleashes cloud power with Windows Azure - Apr 30, 2012
- Tata Communications, Oman's Nawras launch undersea cable network - Nov 15, 2011
- Wipro joins Google's cloud platform - Aug 27, 2012
- Google launches 'cloud' service - Apr 25, 2012
- Focus on IT industry's issues: Microsoft urges Indian government - May 11, 2012
- Reliance Communications unit files paper for Singapore IPO - Jul 05, 2012
- Anand Sharma to inaugurate India-Asean Business Fair tomorrow - Mar 01, 2011
Tags: asia pacific, business technologies, chief executive officer, computing solutions, iaas, indian telecom, infrastructure provider, innovative business, international headquarters, international stage, ip backbone, managing director, neighbouring countries, next five years, singapore businesses, south african markets, storage resources, tata, telecom infrastructure, vinod kumar