Tata AutoComp GY launches inverter batteriesMarch 11th, 2008 - 3:58 pm ICT by admin
Chennai, March 11 (IANS) Automotive battery manufacturer Tata AutoComp GY (TAGY) Batteries Pvt Ltd Tuesday launched its inverter batteries targeting households and small shops. An equal joint venture between Tata Autocomp Systems Ltd and GS Yuasa, Japan, TAGY is foraying into a segment dominated by unorganised players.
Addressing the media here, Rajeev Malik, head (marketing), said: “With the introduction of inverter batteries, TAGY will now address the household and small enterprise consumer market suffering from erratic power supplies.”
The company has launched two inverter variants, 135AH priced at Rs.9,478 and 150AH at Rs.10,280.
He said the product comes with an 18-month warranty and has high back-up time and is quick to recharge.
According to Jasbir Mata, head (sales), the company’s entry into the inverter segment is quicker than anticipated, as the automotive battery division has surpassed earlier expectations.
The Pune-based TAGY is in the process of enhancing its production capacity to 2 million units from the existing 0.5 million. The near term target is to increase production to 1 million units.
The company currently supplies automotive batteries to group company Tata Motors Limited and also to Piaggio’s Ape.
TAGY will also commence supplies to the Indian Army’s vehicle fleet from next fiscal.
- Exide open to acquiring more firms in home inverter segment - Jul 17, 2012
- Tafe to invest Rs.1 bn to expand battery capacity - Dec 01, 2010
- Italian firm Sogefi to expand capacity in India - Jul 06, 2012
- Eaton in talks with car makers for its superchargers - Sep 06, 2011
- Workers' strike at Comstar Automotive enters day 13 - Aug 23, 2011
- Workers' strike at Comstar Automotive enters 10th day - Aug 20, 2011
- Striking Comstar Automotive workers plan fast - Aug 19, 2011
- Base Corporation to enter telecom and auto sectors - Nov 08, 2010
- M&M; in talks with four firms for solar powered UPS - Apr 05, 2012
- Kinetic Engineering to launch two new gearboxes - Jan 17, 2012
- Comstar Automotive strike continues for 14th day - Aug 24, 2011
- Larsen and Toubro bags Rs.1,610 orders in Q1 - Jun 24, 2011
- Tube Investments eyes Rs.500 crore revenue - Dec 07, 2011
- Luminous Power forays into automotive batteries segment - May 04, 2011
- Tata Motors to launch new vehicles in India and China - Aug 03, 2010
Tags: 5 million, autocomp, batteries, battery division, battery manufacturer, group company, gs yuasa, gy, households, indian army, joint venture, march 11, pvt ltd, segment, small enterprise, systems ltd, tata motors, term target, vehicle fleet, yuasa japan