Tata Advanced Systems signs deal with US firmFebruary 15th, 2008 - 8:01 pm ICT by admin
Mumbai, Feb 15 (IANS) Tata Advanced Systems (TAS) has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with US-based helicopter manufacturing giant Sikorsky Aircraft Corp to manufacture S-92 chopper cabins in India. The S-92 cabin would be displayed at the Tata Pavilion at the Defexpo 2008 show in New Delhi beginning Saturday, said a statement issued by the company.
However, the company officials refused to divulge the details of the MoU.
Sikorsky is a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp, USA, while TAS is a wholly owned subsidiary of Tata Industries, focused on defence and aerospace.
“India represents an expansive rotorcraft market with enormous potential and opportunity. I am most excited at the possibility of working with the well-known and admired Tata Group, and tapping into India’s skilled aerospace industry and capability,” said Jeffrey P. Pino, president of Sikorsky.
He, however, admitted that the project was still in its preliminary stages.
- Tata unveils first cabin for Sikrosky-92 helicopter - Nov 07, 2010
- Tata unveils first cabin for Sikrosky-92 helicopter (Lead) - Nov 07, 2010
- Sikorsky to display chopper with Made in India cabin - Mar 20, 2012
- Sikorsky delivers VIP chopper to Maharashtra - Dec 29, 2011
- Sikorsky delivers passenger chopper to Maharashtra (With images) - Dec 29, 2011
- Indian company makes chopper airframes for US - Feb 18, 2010
- Tata launches 3 aerospace production units - Feb 14, 2011
- First Tata-made Sikorsky S-92 helicopter airframe flies (With Images) - Aug 20, 2012
- Sikorsky planning more JVs with Indian firms - Jun 02, 2010
- Sikorsky offers military choppers to India (With image) - Mar 04, 2012
- Work begins on Tata helicopters cabin facility - Jul 31, 2009
- Mahindra, Eurocopter ink product development deal - Jul 26, 2011
- 'Protectionism won't benefit Indian defence industry' - Mar 30, 2012
- Dreamliner, Sukhoi Superjet to be showcased at India Aviation - Mar 10, 2012
- India, Russia sign 29 agreements from defence to trade - Dec 22, 2010
Tags: aerospace industry, capability, chopper, company officials, giant, helicopter, memorandum of understanding, mou, New Delhi, pino, s 92, signs, sikorsky, subsidiary, tapping, tas, tata group, tata industries, united technologies, united technologies corp