Tat Steel commissions 120 MW gas-based plantMay 6th, 2009 - 7:21 pm ICT by IANS
Jamshedpur, May 6 (IANS) Industrial Energy Ltd (IEL), a joint venture between Tata Steel and Tata Power, Wednesday commissioned a 120-MW power plant that will run on waste gas produced by the steel major.
The plant, built at an investment of Rs.490 crore, will supply the entire generated power to Tata Steel to help the company meet its growing power requirements in its Jamshedpur unit, an official statement said.
“We are delighted by the commissioning of the plant. It is another feather in Tata Power’s cap as the project was not only completed in the stipulated time frame, but also is a green power plant, which reiterates our commitment of reducing carbon footprints by generating and providing clean energy,” Tata Power managing director Prasad R. Menon said.
IEL was set up to develop new captive power projects to meet the power requirements of Tata Steel. The company is also developing a 120-MW plant at Jojobera in Jharkhand.
- BOC India's three plants in advanced stages of commissioning - May 17, 2012
- NTPC commissions first unit of Jhajjar plant for Games - Oct 11, 2010
- Tata Motors partners Japan firm for eco-friendly fuel plant - Jun 08, 2011
- Reliance Power's Tilaiya project gets approval for carbon credits - Oct 03, 2011
- Essar Steel commissions Phase 1 of Odisha pellet plant - Apr 09, 2012
- India's JSW Energy to set up power plant in South Africa - Feb 14, 2012
- Nalco seeks energy banking ties with GRIDCO - Jul 20, 2011
- 1922 built hydel project re-commissioned - Dec 16, 2011
- Tata Steel, Rio Tinto join to support eco-friendly technology - Apr 21, 2011
- BOC India to invest Rs 5.4 bn for plants in Odisha - Jul 17, 2012
- PM for energy efficient power generation technology - Dec 14, 2011
- JSW Energy's Ratnagiri project now fully operational - Oct 17, 2011
- NTPC commissions 660 MW supercritical unit in Chhattisgarh - Jun 28, 2011
- Myntdu Leskha hydel project commissioned - Feb 29, 2012
- Toshiba JSW to export power turbines, generators - Feb 12, 2012
Tags: captive power, clean energy, commissions, crore, energy ltd, footprints, industrial energy, joint venture, managing director, menon, mw plant, mw power plant, power projects, tata power, tata steel, time frame