Tamil Nadu to modernise its checkpostsJuly 7th, 2012 - 5:46 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, July 7 (IANS) Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J.Jayalalithaa Saturday ordered the modernisation of 36 checkposts of state commercial tax department at an outlay of Rs.33.36 crore.
In a statement here, the government said 15 large and 130 small checkposts and eight checkpoints spread across the state will be modernised.
The government expects the modernisation efforts would reduce the time taken at checkposts for cleaning the vehicles and also fetch higher revenues.
The allotted funds will be utilised for the purchase of new vehicles, registration of number of vehicles crossing the checkposts and also uninterrupted power supply systems.
- Jayalalithaa re-allocates four ministers' portfolios - Jan 18, 2012
- Jayalalithaa rehuffles cabinet, drops a minister - Jul 03, 2011
- Cooking gas to cost Rs.15 less in Tamil Nadu - Jun 28, 2011
- Eicher Motors to expand two-wheeler production - Jul 12, 2011
- Jayalalithaa to head 34-member government - May 16, 2011
- M&M; mulls Rs.4,000 crore investment in Tamil Nadu - Jun 01, 2012
- Jayalalithaa congratulates Badal, Mulayam Singh - Mar 07, 2012
- Jayalalithaa drops senior minister Sengottaiyan - Jul 19, 2012
- Tamil Nadu to fully computerise commercial taxes department - Jan 17, 2012
- Tamil Nadu to supply industries with wind power - Aug 08, 2011
- Tamil Nadu to build Chennai's satellite town - Sep 08, 2011
- PM, other leaders greet Jayalalithaa on birthday (Lead) - Feb 24, 2012
- Gail, Tidco to set up a JV power plant in Tamil Nadu - May 11, 2012
- Tamil Nadu approves second phase of outer ring road - Jan 23, 2012
- Back on screen soon: Rajnikanth - Jan 27, 2012