Tamil Nadu to build Chennai’s satellite townSeptember 8th, 2011 - 6:04 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Sep 8 (IANS) A satellite township will be built near this Tamil Nadu capital at an outlay of Rs.2,160 crore for “economically weaker sections of the society and the middle class”, said Chief Minister J. Jayalalithaa Thursday.
The township will be situated at Thirumazhisai.
“On the Chennai-Bangalore highway, the Tamil Nadu Housing Board has 311.05 acres. To build the approach road to that plot, the government needs around 12.87 acres and the land would be acquired in consultation with the owners,” Jayalalithaa said in the state assembly.
A total of 12,000 apartments will be available at affordable rates for poor people and middle class families, she said.
Jayalalithaa also announced a 554-unit housing project here at an outlay of Rs.100 crore.
The Tamil Nadu Housing Board would construct 120 houses here at an outlay of Rs.33 crore and a multi-storeyed shopping complex measuring 466,000 sq.ft for Rs.116 crore, she added.
A 17 storeyed office complex would be built at an outlay of Rs.100 crore.
- Tamil Nadu government to convert library into hospital - Nov 02, 2011
- Tamil Nadu plans memorial for Mullaperiyar Dam builder - Jan 09, 2012
- Ascendas, Japanese firms to build industrial township near Chennai - Jan 10, 2012
- Gail, Tidco to set up a JV power plant in Tamil Nadu - May 11, 2012
- Tamil Nadu to study LNG power project feasibility - Mar 29, 2012
- Tamil Nadu to upgrade urban infrastructure - Jan 16, 2012
- Mamallapuram-Ennore link road planned at Rs.1,420 crore - May 09, 2012
- New industrial policy soon, says Jayalalithaa - Jan 10, 2012
- Where will be the seat of power in Tamil Nadu? - May 13, 2011
- Tamil Nadu to set up fisheries varsity - Sep 13, 2011
- One dead in fire near Marina beach (Lead) - Jan 16, 2012
- No reply from central government on funds sought: Jayalalithaa - Aug 10, 2011
- Manmohan Singh warmly welcomed in Chennai - Dec 25, 2011
- Tamil Nadu to modernise its checkposts - Jul 07, 2012
- Eicher Motors to expand two-wheeler production - Jul 12, 2011
Tags: apartments, approach road, chief minister, consultation, crore, housing board, housing project, j jayalalithaa, middle class families, outlay, rs 2, satellite town, shopping complex, sq ft, state assembly, tamil nadu capital