Tamil Nadu power generator to float tenders for two power projectsJanuary 30th, 2012 - 9:35 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Jan 30 (IANS) The power generation and distribution arm of Tamil Nadu Generation and Distribution Corporation Ltd (TANGEDCO) will soon issue tenders for two of its proposed power projects having a total power generation of 2,200 MW, said a senior official.
“We will soon come out with a tender for the Uppur Thermal Power Project. It will have super critical boilers. Necessary clearances for the project have been obtained,” said K. Balasubramanian, director of generation, TANGEDCO.
Speaking at the customer meet organised by power equipment major Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) here Monday, he said the company will also float a tender for the 600 MW thermal power project at Ennore.
The 1,600 MW Uppur project planned at an outlay of Rs.9.600 crore, will come up at Thiruvadanai in Ramanathapuram district. Land necessary for the project (1,200 acres) has been identified.
According to TANGEDCO, the project will be set up on tariff-based competitive bidding and is to be commissioned by Dec 2015.
The company will also come out with a tender for one 600 MW thermal unit at Ennore near here at its existing power project complex.
The project is to be commissioned by Dec 2015.
Balasubramanian said the company is also planning to go for renovation and modernisation of its 210 MW plant at Tuticorin.
Speaking at the function Rajeev Ranjan, chairman and managing director of TANGEDCO said around 8,000 MW of new power projects are on the anvil in Tamil Nadu.
He said the power tariff in the state has been proposed to be revised and once the sanction is obtained from Tamil Nadu Electricity Regulatory Commission, the financial position of the company would improve.
- Tamil Nadu to study LNG power project feasibility - Mar 29, 2012
- Tamil Nadu power unit's early start hinges on port decision - Apr 08, 2012
- Tamil Nadu to annul Udangudi power joint venture soon - Jun 18, 2012
- Power cuts, power holidays for Tamil Nadu - Feb 26, 2012
- Validity of tariff order for wind plants extended - Jun 30, 2012
- OPG Power to increase capacity to 740 MW by 2013 - Jul 20, 2012
- Neyveli Lignite to power capacity to 4,640 MW by 2015 - Jul 08, 2011
- BHEL still keen on Udangudi power project - Apr 08, 2012
- Windmill makers in Tamil Nadu accused of opaque pricing - Jun 15, 2012
- Tamil Nadu power units to raise Rs.11,000 crore - Mar 12, 2012
- Tamil Nadu hopes to save Rs.900 crore in Udangudi project - Feb 29, 2012
- 'Tamil Nadu power corp wrong on wind power banking loss' - Jun 22, 2012
- Power tariff in Tamil Nadu goes up - Mar 30, 2012
- NTPC order will be met with local, imported machines: BGR - Sep 15, 2011
- Toshiba JSW to export power turbines, generators - Feb 12, 2012
Tags: anvil, balasubramanian, bharat heavy electricals, bharat heavy electricals ltd, bhel, competitive bidding, corporation ltd, crore, distribution arm, distribution corporation, electricity regulatory commission, financial position, mw plant, necessary clearances, outlay, power generation, power generator, power projects, power tariff, project 1