Tamil Nadu gives tax incentives to 10 investorsFebruary 26th, 2011 - 8:50 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Feb 26 (IANS) Tamil Nadu Deputy Chief Minister M.K. Stalin Saturday handed over government orders and letters of support extending tax incentives to 10 companies including Mahindra and Mahindra (M&M), Indian Oil and Samsung India, who are setting up facilities or expanding their existing ones in the state.Auto major M&M, which has committed to invest Rs.1,800 crore in Tamil Nadu, plans to set up a 150,000-units per annum sports utility vehicle plant at Cheyyar near here.
Oil major Indian Oil Corporation and Tamil Nadu Industrial Development Corporation (TIDCO) will be jointly setting up a liquefied natural gas (LNG) terminal at an outlay of Rs.4,320 crore.
The 10 companies would involve an investment of around Rs.24,235 crore creating 15,920 direct jobs.
The others who got the support letters include Madras Cements (investment outlay Rs.1,143 crore for expansion), Samsung India (Rs.350 crore), KPR Mills (Rs.328 crore, spinning mill expansion), Bekaert Industries (Rs.700 crore, making steel rod), Apollo Tyres (Rs.2,100 crore, tyres), Sundareswarar Alloy and Stainless Steel (Rs.2,262 crore, forging and foundry), Synergy Enterprises (Rs.10,980 crore, solar panels) and Cheyyur SEZ Developers (Rs.250 crore).
- Chennai will be world's largest auto-manufacturing hub: Stalin - Feb 10, 2011
- M&M; mulls Rs.4,000 crore investment in Tamil Nadu - Jun 01, 2012
- Apollo Tyres ups new plant investment to Rs.2,100 crore (Lead) - Jan 11, 2011
- Karunanidhi to inaugurate Tamil Nadu Newsprint's new projects - Jan 18, 2011
- M&M to set up passenger vehicle plant in Tamil Nadu - Nov 09, 2010
- Samsung India to expand Chennai facility at Rs.350 crore - Nov 03, 2010
- Apollo Tyres raises new plant investment to Rs.2,100 crore - Jan 11, 2011
- Tamil Nadu signs three MOUs worth Rs.13,000 crore - Aug 04, 2010
- Samsung urged to invest in photo-voltaic cell facility in Tamil Nadu - Nov 27, 2010
- Tamil Nadu's three new SEZs eye Rs.3,400 crore investments - Feb 19, 2011
- Emami eyes 15 percent share in packaged edible oil market - Aug 19, 2010
- Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh may get ultra-mega power plants - Aug 15, 2011
- Tamil Nadu Newsprint's expansion goes on stream - Jan 19, 2011
- Gail, Tidco to set up a JV power plant in Tamil Nadu - May 11, 2012
- Metro Tyres to invest Rs.100 crore to expand production - Jul 05, 2012
Tags: apollo tyres, crore, deputy chief minister, gas lng, government orders, india rs, indian oil, indian oil corporation, investment outlay, kpr mills, liquefied natural gas, mahindra and mahindra, mill expansion, spinning mill, sports utility vehicle, steel rod, support letters, synergy enterprises, tax incentives, tidco