Tamil Nadu approves second phase of outer ring roadJanuary 23rd, 2012 - 3:39 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Jan 23 (IANS) The Tamil Nadu government has approved the second phase of the Chennai outer ring road project involving the building of a 32-km road at an outlay of Rs.1,075 crore on a build-operate-transfer (BOT) model.
In a statement issued here Monday, the government said Chief Minister J. Jayalalithaa has ordered the laying of the 32-km outer ring road connecting Nemilicheri-Tiruvottriyur-Ponneri and Mijur on a public-private-partnership basis and annuity payment model.
According to the government, the first phase of the outer ring road project involving the laying of a 29.65-km road will be completed by November at an outlay of Rs.1,081.40 crore.
In addition, the government has allotted Rs.285 crore towards maintenance and upkeep of roads and bridges across the state.
With the completion of these projects, heavy vehicles carrying containers can reach the Chennai and Ennore Ports by avoiding the city roads, the government said.
- Chennai Port capacity to be expanded with Rs.100 billion - Jan 19, 2011
- Mamallapuram-Ennore link road planned at Rs.1,420 crore - May 09, 2012
- Gail, Tidco to set up a JV power plant in Tamil Nadu - May 11, 2012
- Tamil Nadu to strengthen roads for Toshiba JSW Turbine's project - Jan 12, 2012
- Chennai-Ennore Port road project to be done next year: Vasan - Jun 29, 2012
- Port connectivity projects will be completed - Jan 23, 2012
- Tamil Nadu to study LNG power project feasibility - Mar 29, 2012
- Tamil Nadu port projects to be completed in two years: Vasan - Feb 08, 2010
- Tamil Nadu to set up fisheries technology institute - Jul 20, 2012
- Chennai Port acquires 125 acres for dry port - Sep 21, 2010
- Tamil Nadu to build Chennai's satellite town - Sep 08, 2011
- Tamil Nadu to upgrade urban infrastructure - Jan 16, 2012
- Karunanidhi to inaugurate Tamil Nadu Newsprint's new projects - Jan 18, 2011
- Tamil Nadu to build new check dams - Apr 19, 2010
- Rs.5,500-crore for Bangalore infrastructure in state budget - Mar 22, 2012
Tags: annuity payment, chief minister, city roads, containers, crore, ennore, heavy vehicles, j jayalalithaa, outer ring road, outlay, partnership basis, payment model, ports, public private partnership, roads and bridges, rs 1, second phase, tamil nadu government, upkeep