Taj unveils its biggest hotel in BangaloreSeptember 8th, 2011 - 8:58 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, Sep 8 (IANS) India’s leading hospitality chain, Taj Hotels and Resorts of the Tata group Thursday unveiled its biggest property in this tech hub with 327 rooms and suites.
Branded Vivanta by Taj, the branded five-star hotel is located in the bustling northwest suburb of the city, 35 km from the international airport and 1 km from the Yeshwantpur railway station.
“The launch of Vivanta heralds a new chapter in the 108-year history of the Taj. The brand is a testament to the innovation we are known for and supports our objective of achieving growth through domestic dominance,” Taj Hotels chief executive Raymond N. Bickson told reporters here.
As the third Vivanta star hotel in the city, the new property has been positioned as a new age urban oasis to offer vibrant work and play options to the business traveller.
“From luxurious suites to delightful dining options, relaxing recreational opportunities and mega corporate convention facilities, the hotel has everything for the guests to experience,” Vivanta chief operating officer Veer Vijay Singh said at a preview of its launch.
Situated 15 km from the city centre, adjoining the Peenya industrial area and nearer to the Bangalore International Exhibition Centre (BIEC) on the National Highway (NH 4), the hotel boasts of 18,000 square feet of convention and banqueting space, with parking capacity for 400 cars and intelligent technology to link it all.
Spread over 3.6 acres of land, the 12-floor tall hotel offers a lifestyle that is fashionably hip and spatially engaging.
For gastronauts and gourmands, a modern Mediterranean restaurant ‘Azure’ serves the best from the land of olives, with food variants in the form of Italian, Moroccan, Greek and Lebanese cuisine, including mezzes, grills and oak flavoured pizzas.
The hotel also has a host of recreational facilities, including Jiva Spa, a 24-hour fitness centre and a swimming pool.
- Taj plans Vivanta hotels in Africa, China, Dubai - Jan 30, 2012
- 16 Taj hotels migrate to new brand Vivanta - Sep 14, 2010
- Taj opens its first Vivanta resort in Maldives - Aug 19, 2009
- Wah Taj! Kashmir's first luxe resort opens its doors (With Images) - Apr 28, 2011
- Fire destroys polymer factory in Bangalore - Sep 30, 2011
- Bekal is destination next in 'God's Own Country' - May 10, 2012
- Karnataka bids to become hub of international conferences - May 26, 2011
- Taj GVK net profit dips by 32 percent - Apr 30, 2012
- Chandigarh gets ready for hotel boom - Aug 19, 2011
- Taj to set up resort hotel near Shimla - Feb 18, 2011
- Sand China gets bigger with Sands Cotai Central - Apr 12, 2012
- Taj group opens Goa's first 'luxury business hotel' - May 21, 2009
- 'Rich tourist infrastructure necessary for J-K tourism sector's development' - Apr 17, 2011
- Choked Bangalore loses space event to Mysore - Jul 14, 2012
- Swiss firm to set up machine tools plant in Bangalore - Jan 19, 2011
Tags: biec, business traveller, fitness centre, hour fitness, intelligent technology, international exhibition centre, launch, lebanese cuisine, luxurious suites, mediterranean restaurant, new chapter, northwest suburb, railway station, recreational opportunities, star hotel, tata group, urban oasis, vibrant work, vijay singh, work and play