Taj group opens Goa’s first ‘luxury business hotel’May 21st, 2009 - 9:29 pm ICT by IANS
Panaji, May 21 (IANS) The Taj group of hotels Thursday unveiled Goa’s first five-star business property, the 170-room Vivanta, to “fill the gap between leisure and business tourism” in the state.
“Until now, Goa did not have a single business hotel catering to the upper segment,” said Taj Premium Hotels chief operating officer Jamshed Daboo, who has overseen the Rs.110-crore project.
“Vivata will fill the gap between leisure and business tourism in Goa.”
Added Raymond Bickson, managing director of Indian Hotels, the holding company of Taj hospitality properties: “We are looking to tap Goa’s potential as a fast expanding business district and offering business and leisure tourists another option.”
Referring to the slew of star resorts that the Taj group runs in the state, Daboo said special effort would be made to synergise resources at hand.
“We could look at enhancing synergy between our hotels spread across south and north Goa,” he said.
“Because of the recession, people cannot afford to go for holidays abroad. They instead head for places like Goa,” Daboo said, adding that the group’s properties in the state aggregated an occupancy rate of 70 percent any given week.
The Taj groups runs the Fort Aguada beach resort and Taj Holiday Village - both in Siquerim, the Taj Exotica in Benaulim, and now the Vivanta in Panaji.
- Taj plans Vivanta hotels in Africa, China, Dubai - Jan 30, 2012
- Taj unveils its biggest hotel in Bangalore - Sep 08, 2011
- 16 Taj hotels migrate to new brand Vivanta - Sep 14, 2010
- India's top family-friendly hotels revealed - Mar 16, 2011
- After Sukhoi, President Patil to ride a golf cart - Jan 03, 2011
- Family tourism to replace Thailand's 'sex tourism' tag - Aug 19, 2011
- President's Goa visit was official, not private: RTI documents - Apr 23, 2011
- Wah Taj! Kashmir's first luxe resort opens its doors (With Images) - Apr 28, 2011
- Goa campaign against 'water injustice' (Letter from Goa) - Jun 29, 2012
- Parrikar meets with rebel BJP legislators - Oct 08, 2010
- Bekal is destination next in 'God's Own Country' - May 10, 2012
- 240 people granted arms licences in Goa - Apr 09, 2011
- 'Rich tourist infrastructure necessary for J-K tourism sector's development' - Apr 17, 2011
- Karnataka crisis: Fresh talks with dissidents MLAs in Goa - Oct 08, 2010
- Taj opens its first Vivanta resort in Maldives - Aug 19, 2009
Tags: aguada beach resort, business property, business tourism, crore, daboo, fort aguada beach resort, gap, holiday village, hospitality properties, leisure tourists, luxury business hotel, north goa, occupancy rate, special effort, star business, star resorts, taj exotica, taj group of hotels, tourism in goa, upper segment