Syamal Gupta retires as Tata BP Solar chairmanMay 15th, 2009 - 5:36 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 15 (IANS) Tata group veteran Syamal Gupta has retired as chairman of Tata BP Solar after 53 years with India’s largest industrial house. He will be succeeded by the company’s chief executive Reyad Fezzani.
Gupta, who started his career with the Jamshedpur-based Tata Steel, went on to become chairman of a number of Tata companies including Tata International, Tata Elxsi, Tata Advanced Materials and TCE Consulting Engineers.
He has also been instrumental in the international forays of several group companies, a statement issued Friday by the group said.
Reyad Fezzani has been long associated with the energy business, having held various positions at what was formerly called British Petroleum.
- Syamal Gupta retires as Tata BP Solar chairman (Lead with correction) - May 15, 2009
- A factsheet on the Tata Group - Nov 24, 2011
- Cyrus Mistry joins Tata Motors board - May 29, 2012
- TCS head Ramadorai appointed Tata Elxsi chairman - Sep 08, 2009
- TCS seeks 100 acres in Bangalore to set up campus - Sep 28, 2010
- Cyrus Mistry to succeed Ratan Tata - Nov 23, 2011
- Tata Power to buy remaining 51 percent stake in Tata BP Solar - Dec 27, 2011
- Tata Sons denies management restructuring in group companies - Apr 27, 2012
- Succession planning: the Tata way is exemplary (Comment) - May 19, 2011
- 12 Tata firms keen to invest in Karnataka, says official - May 31, 2010
- Cyrus Mistry has multi-faceted business expertise - Nov 24, 2011
- Tata Steel Q4 net slips about 90 percent - May 18, 2012
- Tata Steel hopes to save Rs.100 using Dhamra port - Jan 18, 2011
- Cyrus Mistry, O.P. Bhatt join TCS board - Apr 02, 2012
- Muthuraman elected new CII president - Apr 11, 2011
Tags: bp, british petroleum, chief executive, consulting engineers, energy business, forays, group companies, gupta, India, jamshedpur, New Delhi, tata bp solar, tata companies, tata elxsi, tata group, tata steel, tce, veteran