Swamy moves SC to make Chidambaram an accusedFebruary 24th, 2012 - 1:17 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 23 (IANS) Janata Party president Subramanian Swamy Thursday moved the Supreme Court challenging the Special CBI court’s verdict rejecting his plea to make Union Home Minister P. Chidambaram an accused in the 2G scam.
Swamy contended that as complainant, all that was required at this initial stage of the proceedings was to make a prima facie case against Chidambaram which he did.
The Janata Party president challenged the Feb 4 judgment of Central Bureau of Investigation Special court here, trying the 2G case, which rejected his plea to make Chidambaram an accused in the case.
Swamy alleged that as the then finance minister Chidambaram was party to two decisions - keeping the spectrum prices in 2008 at 2001 level and dilution of equity by two companies. He said these were the two actions for which former telecom minister A. Raja has been charged.
- SC rejects Swamy's plea against Chidambaram (Lead) - Aug 24, 2012
- SC dismisses Swamy's plea against Chidambaram (Second Lead) - Aug 24, 2012
- SC dismisses Swamy's plea against Chidambaram (Third Lead) - Aug 24, 2012
- Chidambaram allocated extra spectrum to 2G licence holders: Swamy - Apr 20, 2012
- Apex court reserves order on Chidambaram in 2G case - Apr 24, 2012
- No proof to try Chidambaram in 2G case: Court - Feb 04, 2012
- Apex court reserves order on Chidambaram in 2G case (Lead) - Apr 24, 2012
- Order reserved on Swamy plea for Chidambaram's trial (Lead) - Jan 22, 2012
- Don't be happy about SC decision, opposition tells Congress - Aug 24, 2012
- Relief for Chidambaram as court dismisses Swamy's plea (Second Lead) - Feb 04, 2012
- New apex court bench to hear 2G case (Lead) - Mar 16, 2012
- Relief for Chidambaram: Key points of court decision - Feb 04, 2012
- New apex court bench to hear 2G cases - Mar 16, 2012
- Swamy plea against Chidambaram dismissed (Lead) - Feb 04, 2012
- SC rejects Swamy's plea against Chidambaram - Aug 24, 2012
Tags: cbi court, central bureau of investigation, complainant, decisions, dilution, finance minister, initial stage, janata party president, judgment, New Delhi, p chidambaram, plea, prima facie case, proceedings, raja, spectrum, subramanian swamy, supreme court, telecom, union home minister