Swabhimaanya rolls out insurance schemes for domestic helpFebruary 20th, 2012 - 7:45 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 20 (IANS) In a bid to provide insurance schemes for the bottom-of-the-pyramid clientele, financial inclusion company Swabhimaanya Monday rolled out insurance cover starting with premiums as low as Rs.200 per annum for domestic helps and chauffeurs.
“With around 100 million domestic help employed across India, the need of the hour is to empower this section of the society with basic financial exposure,” said Swabhimaanya chief executive and managing director Rahul Pagare, adding that the firm plans to reach out to one million people by the end of year.
“This seems as a very achievable dream as most of the help in metropolitan (cities) are employed by literate house owners who can help their domestic help to avail these services.”
According to the firm, it has partnered with Bajaj Allianz for life insurance and Future Generali for accident and health insurance.
Segment-wise, a life insurance scheme will come at a premium of Rs.250 per annum for a cover of Rs.20,000. Accident insurance cover of Rs.100,000 will come with a premium of Rs.200 per annum.
The launch of the insurance scheme follows a successful pilot test of the project which benefited about 25,000 people over three months.
The firm said that it is also reaching also out to domestic helps and commercial vehicle drivers through resident welfare associations (RWA) and taxi driver’s associations.
In January 2012, the firm launched its services in Tamil Nadu and in just over a month has reached out to 25,000 people out of whom 70 percent are first time users of these type of financial services.
- Now, workers in unorganised sector under health insurance scheme - Jan 12, 2012
- Meghalaya to introduce health insurance scheme - Aug 02, 2011
- Insurers relieved as Tamil Nadu scraps health scheme - Jun 10, 2011
- Reliance launches online life insurance product - Jun 20, 2012
- Future Generali Life to infuse Rs.150 crore additional capital - Jan 12, 2010
- Revamped health insurance scheme launched - Jan 11, 2012
- Indian healthcare industry poised for rapid growth - Aug 05, 2011
- Free health insurance to state PSU employees in Tamil Nadu - Jul 31, 2010
- Financial benefits for labourers in Delhi hiked - Feb 07, 2012
- Tamil Nadu government's decision to impact insurer - Jun 03, 2011
- Free health insurance for 500,000 on MP's birthday - Feb 06, 2011
- VimoSEWA to develop microinsurance in Namibia - Apr 09, 2010
- Namibia invites Indian women's cooperative (Lead) - Apr 09, 2010
- Future Generali eyeing 34 percent growth this fiscal - Dec 02, 2010
- Insurance, housing benefits for 60 lakh teachers - Jun 18, 2010
Tags: accident insurance, achievable dream, annum, bajaj allianz, chauffeurs, commercial vehicle drivers, domestic help, financial exposure, future generali, insurance scheme, insurance schemes, insurance segment, launch, metropolitan cities, pilot test, rahul, rs 200, rs 250, rwa, taxi driver