Suzuki plants get police cover, workers slam moveJuly 20th, 2012 - 7:23 pm ICT by IANS
Gurgaon, July 20 (IANS) Police were deployed at three other Suzuki plants in the district even as production remained suspended at the vandalised Maruti Suzuki plant at Manesar for the third day Friday. Workers at the three plants slammed the police cover.
Police contingents were deployed at Suzuki Powertrain India Ltd (SPIL) at Manesar, Suzuki Motorcycles India at Kherki Daula and Maruti Suzuki’s Gurgaon plant.
“It’s just for precaution,” Joint Commissioner of Police Anil Kumar Rao told IANS.
The workers were against the move.
“We were working peacefully and giving our best even after the Maruti’s Manesar plant incident. There was no need of deploying police force in the factory premises. Workers are not feeling secure after the step,” said Anil Kumar, the workers union president at Suzuki Motorcycles India.
“We support our colleagues at the Manesar plant,” he added.
Rajesh Kumar, general secretary of the SPIL workers’ union said: “We were functioning normally… the deployment of force would create fear among the employees.”
Suzuki’s Gurgaon plant union leader Kuldeep Janghu said they supported the labourers at the Manesar plant.
“We demand a CBI (Central Bureau of Investigation) inquiry in the complete episode. The workers cannot be so brutal. We are giving a memorandum to the deputy commissioner,” he said.
Meanwhile, a Manesar plant official, who did not wish to be named, said it would take some more days for work to resume.
More than 1,200 police personnel were Wednesday deployed at the Manesar plant. Some of them were subsequently shifted to other Maruti factories, said a police officer.
- Maruti may opt for CISF cover for Manesar plant - Jul 23, 2012
- Trade unions demand end of Maruti lockout, CBI probe - Aug 04, 2012
- Sacked Maruti workers mull strategy with trade unions - Aug 31, 2012
- Suzuki Motorcycles suspend 3 union leaders in Gurgaon - Mar 23, 2012
- Talks to start Monday to resolve Maruti strike - Oct 15, 2011
- Maruti management thanks locals for support - Aug 16, 2012
- Hooda optimistic of breakthrough in Maruti impasse - Oct 20, 2011
- Maruti deadlock continues as talks fail - Oct 17, 2011
- Trade unions to march in support of Maruti workers - Aug 16, 2012
- Maruti suspends production at Gurgaon plant - Oct 13, 2011
- 12th day of strike at Maruti's Manesar plant (Lead) - Oct 18, 2011
- Maruti strike continues for 13th day - Oct 19, 2011
- Maruti production halted, workers leave Manesar plant - Oct 14, 2011
- Mahapanchayat demands CBI probe into Maruti violence - Jul 23, 2012
- Maruti strike continues for sixth day, production hit - Oct 12, 2011
Tags: cbi, central bureau of investigation, commissioner of police, cover police, deputy commissioner, factory premises, general secretary, india ltd, kuldeep, labourers, manesar, maruti suzuki, police force, spil, suzuki motorcycles, third day, union leader, union president, vandalised, workers union