Suzuki caught in four-hour traffic jamAugust 27th, 2012 - 10:51 pm ICT by IANS
Gurgaon, Aug 27 (IANS) Osamu Suzuki, chairman of Suzuki Motor Corporation, Monday was caught in a massive traffic jam on Delhi-Jaipur National Highway for more than four hours while on way to Maruti’s violence-hit Manesar car plant here, an official said.
He left in a vehicle for the Manesar plant at 9 a.m. but reached it after 1 p.m., he said.
The traffic jam was caused due to rain-inflicted damage to a portion of the highway near Naurangpur, 44 km from Delhi. Vehicles crawled on the road for over 18 hours, said a police officer.
Suzuki later inspected the Manesar plant and visited Suzuki Powertrain company in the same area.
- Criminal case against Delhi-Jaipur highway builder - Aug 28, 2012
- Maruti suspends production at Gurgaon plant - Oct 13, 2011
- Maruti's Manesar plant incident was a criminal act: Suzuki - Aug 23, 2012
- Hooda optimistic of breakthrough in Maruti impasse - Oct 20, 2011
- Maruti may opt for CISF cover for Manesar plant - Jul 23, 2012
- 12th day of strike at Maruti's Manesar plant (Lead) - Oct 18, 2011
- Maruti strike continues for 13th day - Oct 19, 2011
- Maruti deadlock continues as talks fail - Oct 17, 2011
- Maruti Suzuki strike off as most suspended staff re-instated - Oct 21, 2011
- Suzuki plants get police cover, workers slam move - Jul 20, 2012
- Maruti's Manesar plant: 16 cars made on second day - Aug 22, 2012
- Talks to start Monday to resolve Maruti strike - Oct 15, 2011
- Maruti production halted, workers leave Manesar plant - Oct 14, 2011
- Trade unions demand end of Maruti lockout, CBI probe - Aug 04, 2012
- Maruti management thanks locals for support - Aug 16, 2012