Suzlon’s German unit wins 295 MW offshore contractNovember 26th, 2010 - 6:03 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 26 (IANS) REpower, the German unit of India’s wind turbine manufacturing major Suzlon Energy, Friday signed a contract with Belgian firm C-Power to deliver 295 Megawatts capacity wind turbines.
“REpower signed a contract with the Belgian offshore project development company, C-Power, for the delivery of 48 of the REpower 6M type wind energy turbines,” the company said in a regulatory filing.
The turbines have a total rated power of approximately 295 megawatt (MW) and are envisaged for phases 2 and 3 of the first Belgian offshore wind farm, Thornton Bank, it added.
The installation of 24 turbines for phase 2 is planned for 2012, and a further 24 are designated for installation during a third extension stage by mid-2013.
According to the company, the total investment in the project, including refinancing of the first phase project, amounts to over Euro 1.3 billion ($1.72 billion).
“”The offshore market is expected to grow by 42 percent annually and by 2015, constitute to eight percent of new global wind power installations, and Europe is clearly leading the way in this development,” said Tulsi Tanti, chairman of the REpower supervisory board.
- Suzlon's arm bags orders worth $387 mn in two months - Apr 23, 2012
- Suzlon Energy posts quarterly net loss of Rs.19.4 crore - Oct 24, 2011
- Suzlon crosses 15 gigawatt of wind power installations worldwide - Dec 16, 2010
- Suzlon Group to sell China subsidiary for $60 mn - Jun 23, 2012
- Suzlon Energy bags 48.3 MW project from Indian Oil - Aug 17, 2011
- Suzlon Energy subsidiary bags 74.8 megawatt order in Germany - Sep 29, 2010
- Suzlon signs wind power deal worth $1.28 bn - Jan 28, 2011
- Suzlon crosses 5,000 MW of wind power installations in India - Sep 24, 2010
- REpower to supply turbines to Sweden's Klagerup Kraft - Sep 15, 2010
- Suzlon Energy bags Rs.1,149 crore wind power order - Sep 21, 2010
- Suzlon Energy bags 50.4 megawatt order - Apr 20, 2011
- Suzlon bags contract for 30 mw wind turbine in Rajasthan - Sep 03, 2010
- Areva joins Reliance to set up solar power plant - Apr 13, 2012
- Spanish firm cuts energy deal in Brazil - Sep 14, 2012
- Suzlon Energy to set up wind turbines in Africa - May 25, 2011
Tags: company c, euro 1, german unit, global wind power, leading the way, megawatts, New Delhi, offshore contract, offshore market, offshore project, offshore wind farm, phase 2, phase project, power installations, supervisory board, suzlon energy, thornton bank, wind energy, wind turbine, wind turbines