Suzlon’s arm bags orders worth $387 mn in two monthsApril 23rd, 2012 - 3:05 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, April 23 (IANS) India’s wind turbine manufacturing major Suzlon Energy Monday said its group subsidiary REpower Systems has bagged cumulative orders worth $387 million across Europe over a two-month period, excluding orders announced separately.
“These cover various orders secured between Feb 11, 2012, and March 15, 2012, across Italy, France, Germany, Poland, and the United Kingdom,” the company said in a regulatory filing.
The projects include several wind farms in Germany featuring REpower’s latest 3.4M104 and 3.2M114 turbine models with 3.4 and 3.2 MW of rated power, respectively. Other orders will include the turbines of MM92 and MM82 types.
“These orders clearly underscore the continuing momentum in the wind sector in developed European markets. With our strong competitive positioning as a group, we are poised to maintain our strong growth momentum across global markets,” Suzlon Group chairman Tulsi Tanti said.
At the Bombay Stock Exchange, the shares of Suzlon Energy were 2.35 percent lower, trading at Rs.22.90.
- Suzlon Energy posts quarterly net loss of Rs.19.4 crore - Oct 24, 2011
- Suzlon's German unit wins 295 MW offshore contract - Nov 26, 2010
- Suzlon signs wind power deal worth $1.28 bn - Jan 28, 2011
- Suzlon Group to sell China subsidiary for $60 mn - Jun 23, 2012
- Suzlon Energy bags 48.3 MW project from Indian Oil - Aug 17, 2011
- Suzlon crosses 15 gigawatt of wind power installations worldwide - Dec 16, 2010
- Suzlon Energy bags Rs.1,149 crore wind power order - Sep 21, 2010
- Suzlon Energy posts quarterly net loss of Rs.286.46 crore - Feb 11, 2012
- Suzlon Energy subsidiary bags 74.8 megawatt order in Germany - Sep 29, 2010
- REpower to supply turbines to Sweden's Klagerup Kraft - Sep 15, 2010
- Suzlon crosses 5,000 MW of wind power installations in India - Sep 24, 2010
- Suzlon bags contract for 30 mw wind turbine in Rajasthan - Sep 03, 2010
- Suzlon to develop 3,000 MW of wind energy in Andra Pradesh - Jan 16, 2012
- Sterling Agro buys wind energy equipment from Suzlon - Jan 15, 2011
- Suzlon bags 168.5 MW orders in India - Oct 15, 2010
Tags: bombay stock exchange, competitive positioning, europe, european markets, france germany, global markets, group chairman, growth momentum, India, italy france, mw, poland, subsidiary, suzlon energy, tulsi tanti, turbine models, turbines, united kingdom, wind farms, wind turbine