Suzlon to replace defective equipment worth $25 millionMarch 3rd, 2008 - 5:43 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, March 3 (IANS) In what implies a Rs.1 billion ($25 million) hit on its balance sheet for the current quarter, leading wind power equipment-maker Suzlon Energy will refit wind turbine blades for a project in the US, the company said Monday. “The company will do a retrofit programme to resolve blade-cracking issues discovered during the operations of some of its S88 turbines in the US,” the company informed the Bombay Stock Exchange Monday.
“We have a close working relationship with our customers, and this programme is a proactive measure to safeguard the interest of stakeholders. The retrofit programme is designed to minimise impact for our customers and Suzlon,” said Andre Horbach, chief executive officer of Suzlon Group.
“The total estimated cost of the retrofit programme is estimated at Rs.1 billion, for which a provision will be made in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2008-08.
“The programme involves the structural strengthening of 1,251 blades on turbines. Of these, 930 blades are already installed while the remaining are in transit or inventory,” Suzlon said.
“The retrofit programme will be carried out by maintaining a rolling stock of temporary replacement blades to minimise the downtime for operational turbines, and will be completed over a period of six months,” the wind power equipment manufacturer said.
“The programme will utilize Suzlon’s strong global technical capabilities and its blade manufacturing and service facility in Pipestone, Minnesota, for the US blades.”
- Suzlon Energy posts quarterly net loss of Rs.19.4 crore - Oct 24, 2011
- Suzlon Energy bags 50.4 megawatt order - Apr 20, 2011
- Suzlon to develop 3,000 MW of wind energy in Andra Pradesh - Jan 16, 2012
- Suzlon Group to sell China subsidiary for $60 mn - Jun 23, 2012
- Suzlon crosses 15 gigawatt of wind power installations worldwide - Dec 16, 2010
- Suzlon signs wind power deal worth $1.28 bn - Jan 28, 2011
- Suzlon Energy completes sale of stake in Hansen - Oct 13, 2011
- Suzlon's arm bags orders worth $387 mn in two months - Apr 23, 2012
- Sterling Agro buys wind energy equipment from Suzlon - Jan 15, 2011
- Suzlon Energy posts quarterly net loss of Rs.286.46 crore - Feb 11, 2012
- Suzlon Energy to set up wind turbines in Africa - May 25, 2011
- REpower to supply turbines to Sweden's Klagerup Kraft - Sep 15, 2010
- Suzlon Energy bags Rs.1,149 crore wind power order - Sep 21, 2010
- Suzlon bags contract for 30 mw wind turbine in Rajasthan - Sep 03, 2010
- Suzlon's German unit wins 295 MW offshore contract - Nov 26, 2010
Tags: 1 billion, andre horbach, balance sheet, bombay stock exchange, chief executive officer, defective equipment, downtime, equipment manufacturer, fourth quarter, leading wind, New Delhi, pipestone minnesota, proactive measure, replacement blades, rolling stock, rs 1, technical capabilities, turbine blades, turbines, wind power