Suzlon Energy bags 48.3 MW project from Indian OilAugust 17th, 2011 - 2:37 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 17 (IANS) Suzlon Energy Limited (SEL) Wednesday said it has bagged a second order from the Indian Oil Corporation Limited to set up, operate and maintain wind energy projects of 48.3 MW in Andhra Pradesh.
“The order comprises of 23 units of Suzlon’s wind turbines, and the power generated will be sold to the local power utility,” the company said in a regulatory filing.
Suzlon had earlier bagged a 21 megawatt wind power project in the Kutch district of Gujarat in 2009.
“This is Indian Oil’s second project with Suzlon, and we are extremely pleased to build on the trust and confidence placed in us and look forward to a long association. Indian Oil is a key pillar of India’s energy infrastructure and plays a critical role in fuelling the country’s economic growth,” said Tulsi R. Tanti, founder, chairman and managing director, Suzlon Group.
At the Bombay Stock Exchange the shares of the company were 2.48 percent lower to trade at Rs.37.40.
- Suzlon's arm bags orders worth $387 mn in two months - Apr 23, 2012
- Suzlon's German unit wins 295 MW offshore contract - Nov 26, 2010
- Suzlon crosses 5,000 MW of wind power installations in India - Sep 24, 2010
- Suzlon Energy bags 50.4 megawatt order - Apr 20, 2011
- Suzlon Group to sell China subsidiary for $60 mn - Jun 23, 2012
- Suzlon signs wind power deal worth $1.28 bn - Jan 28, 2011
- Suzlon Energy bags Rs.1,149 crore wind power order - Sep 21, 2010
- Suzlon crosses 15 gigawatt of wind power installations worldwide - Dec 16, 2010
- Suzlon bags 168.5 MW orders in India - Oct 15, 2010
- Suzlon Energy posts quarterly net loss of Rs.19.4 crore - Oct 24, 2011
- Suzlon Energy posts quarterly net loss of Rs.286.46 crore - Feb 11, 2012
- Suzlon bags contract for 30 mw wind turbine in Rajasthan - Sep 03, 2010
- Sterling Agro buys wind energy equipment from Suzlon - Jan 15, 2011
- NALCO to set up wind power project in Andhra - Jun 02, 2011
- Suzlon bags order from Turkish firm - Oct 06, 2009
Tags: andhra pradesh, bombay stock exchange, critical role, economic growth, energy infrastructure, founder chairman, gujarat, indian oil, indian oil corporation, kutch district, local power, managing director, megawatt, pillar, sel, suzlon energy limited, tulsi, wind energy projects, wind power project, wind turbines