Superjet 100 cleared for maiden flight in MayApril 26th, 2008 - 3:28 pm ICT by admin
Moscow, April 26 (RIA Novosti) The first Sukhoi Superjet 100 medium-haul passenger airliner has completed ground tests and been cleared for its maiden flight, the manufacturer’s press service said. Sukhoi Friday said the aircraft’s systems and avionics have successfully undergone a standard set of in-situ tests at the Central Aerohydrodynamics Institute (TsAGI), and the plane is now ready for flight tests, which are due to start in May.
The Superjet 100 project is a family of medium-range passenger aircraft developed by the Sukhoi Design Bureau in cooperation with major American and European aviation corporations, including Boeing, Snecma, Thales, Messier Dowty, Liebherr Aerospace, and Honeywell.
The Sukhoi aircraft manufacturer successfully tested Superjet 100 engines in mid-February.
The company plans to manufacture at least 700 Superjet 100s, and intends to sell 35 percent of them to North America, 25 percent to Europe, 10 percent to Latin America, and seven percent to Russia and China.
Mikhail Pogosyan, Sukhoi’s general director, said in January that the company had secured 73 solid orders for the aircraft.
The price of a 95-seat base model is $28 million, but the company is currently working on both smaller and larger capacity modifications.
The market for the Superjet 100 is estimated at around $100 billion for around 5,500 planes, through to 2023.
- Pakistan may buy new Sukhoi superjets - May 09, 2012
- Sukhoi Superjet conducts first passenger flight - Apr 21, 2011
- Sukhoi Superjet 100 completes static tests programme - Sep 15, 2010
- Sukhoi superjet engines have flaws: Report - Jul 06, 2010
- Sukhoi, Indonesian airline sign $951 mn deal for 30 Superjet-100s - Jul 19, 2010
- Russian plane with 44 missing in Indonesia (Lead) - May 09, 2012
- Missing aircraft found in Indonesia - May 10, 2012
- No survivors found in Sukhoi crash (Lead) - May 10, 2012
- No survivors in Sukhoi crash, Russia opens criminal case (Second Lead) - May 10, 2012
- Farnborough air show sees deals worth $47 bn - Jul 24, 2010
- Crashed Sukhoi was replacement aircraft - May 16, 2012
- Russia plans to sell SuperJet-100 airliners to India - Sep 30, 2008
- Russia's Sukhoi to cooperate with China - May 23, 2008
- Russian stewardess fired for tweet on Sukhoi crash - May 11, 2012
- Sukhoi to sell 10 Superjet to Indian firm - Mar 15, 2012
Tags: aircraft manufacturer, avionics, base model, flight tests, ground tests, latin america, liebherr aerospace, maiden flight, medium haul, medium range, messier dowty, passenger aircraft, passenger airliner, ria novosti, seat base, snecma, sukhoi aircraft, sukhoi design bureau, sukhoi superjet 100, tsagi