Sundaram Finance 1:1 bonus issue gets shareholders’ nodJuly 24th, 2008 - 6:33 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, July 24 (IANS) Shareholders of the Sundaram Finance Ltd., a non-banking Indian finance company, Thursday approved issue of bonus shares on 1:1 basis despite a note of warning of company chairman S. Viji about the company’s growth prospects in the current fiscal. At the company’s annual general meeting (AGM) here, Viji said increase in the prices of vehicles and fuel together with reduced freight availability and higher interest rates are expected to affect the sales of commercial vehicles.
“Sales of passenger cares are also likely to register lower growth. Given these challenges, we expect the company’s growth to be modest this year,” he said.
Last fiscal the company’s disbursements grew 16 per cent to Rs.51.10 billion and it earned a net profit Rs.1.35 billion, he said.
Terming the Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) move to increase the capital adequacy ratio for non-deposit-taking, non-banking finance companies (NBFCs) like Sundaram to 15 per cent “a harsh measure”, he said, “The larger issue, however, is that capital allocation should ultimately reflect the appropriate levels of risk inherent in the assets financed by NBFCs. The risk weightage for assets financed by NBFCs should be suitably revised to reflect the varying risk profile.”
Regarding plans to expand the branch network, T. T. Srinivasaraghavan, managing director, said, “The company will open 100 offices this year thereby taking the total branch network to over 525 by the end of this fiscal.”
- Sundaram Finance to run mutual fund without foreign partner - Jul 15, 2010
- Magma Fincorp focusing on western, southern India - Sep 05, 2011
- RBI proposes new regulations for non-banking finance firms - Aug 29, 2011
- Sundaram Finance not to enter banking or exit MF business - May 28, 2010
- Tripura to probe illegal financial firms - Mar 07, 2012
- Regulatory body sought to check illegal financial firms - Mar 10, 2011
- Magma to roll out housing finance, gold loan business FY13 - Apr 27, 2012
- IOB plans recovery of Rs.1,500 crore from sticky accounts (Lead) - Jan 28, 2012
- Cholamandalam Investment posts higher profit - Jan 27, 2011
- We are being maligned: Dhanalaxmi Bank official - Oct 22, 2011
- Sundaram Finance to buy out BNP Paribas stakes in AMC arm - Jun 30, 2010
- Magma Fincorp Q2 profit up 67 percent - Oct 12, 2010
- Licenses for new banks under RBI guidelines: FM - Mar 06, 2010
- Fitch revises ratings for 11 Indian financial institutions - Jun 20, 2012
- Fitch cuts SBI, PNB, ICICI Bank outlook to negative (Lead) - Jun 20, 2012
Tags: annual general meeting, bank of india, bonus issue, bonus shares, capital adequacy ratio, capital allocation, commercial vehicles, company chairman, disbursements, finance companies, finance company, growth prospects, indian finance, managing director, net profit, reserve bank of india, risk profile, sundaram finance ltd, viji, weightage