Sun TV moves to increase revenue from North American marketsNovember 29th, 2010 - 8:44 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Nov 29 (IANS) Sun TV Network Ltd has appointed Global Media Management LLC and World Media Connect LLC to manage and grow its distribution and advertisement revenue, respectively, in North America.
According to Sun TV, the key focus behind this strategic move would be to diverge and expand into the North American markets, increasing subscription base and consecutively growing advertising revenues.
As per the deal, Global Media Management will manage and grow Sun TV’s distribution in North American markets offering the services across direct to home (DTH), cable and internet protocol television platforms.
On the other hand, World Media Connect will focus on growing Sun TV’s ad revenue from the same market.
According to Sun TV’s Chief Operating Officer Ajay Vidyasagar, the strategic move is focussed on better monetization of the channel’s content.
- Sun TV to monetise viewership of kids and comedy channels - Jul 28, 2010
- Media, entertainment industry records 11 percent growth - Mar 21, 2011
- Sun TV to invest Rs.100 crore in 2010-11 - May 28, 2010
- Reliance MediaWorks to provide digital video library - Oct 01, 2011
- Media, entertainment industry grew 12 percent in 2011 to Rs.729 bn - Mar 11, 2012
- India to become largest DTH market by 2012: Study - Apr 22, 2010
- Sun Network, Network 18 join hands for distribution - Jul 14, 2010
- New York Times launches India-focussed website - Sep 12, 2011
- Dish Freedom - switch providers without changing set-top box - Aug 29, 2011
- Print media business booming in india, but concerns over future - Oct 15, 2011
- eRevMax eyeing four, three-star hotel markets in India - Oct 28, 2011
- More 'real people', TRP-dictated content for Indian TV - Mar 22, 2011
- Ericsson focuses on patent licensing - Jan 13, 2012
- Tata Communications breaks into Nigerian market - Jul 27, 2012
- Sun Network In Strategic Alliance With Network18 To Form Sun18 - Jul 21, 2010
Tags: advertisement revenue, advertising revenues, ajay, american markets, chennai, chief operating officer, dth, global media, internet protocol television, management llc, media management, monetization, network ltd, north america, subscription base, sun tv network, television platforms