Sun Pharma gets US nod for its cancer drugMarch 17th, 2008 - 2:40 pm ICT by admin
Mumbai, March 17 (IANS) Gujarat based drug maker Sun Pharmaceutical Industries said Monday it had received a green signal from the US Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) to market the generic version of cancer drug Amifostine injections. Announcing this to the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), the company said that Sun Pharma was the first to file an abbreviated new drug application (ANDA) at USFDA for the marketing of this generic injection, which has reported annual sales of approximate $80 million.
The drug is a generic version of MedImmune’s Ethyol and is covered under three patents.
The ANDA was filed for certifications against all the patents, as MedImmune has filed a suit in the District Court of Maryland. The case is under litigation.
According to company, Amifostine injection is administered to curb damage to kidneys of patients suffering from advanced stage of ovarian cancer.
- Stay on cancer drug licence may harm public: Natco Pharma - Sep 05, 2012
- Orchid gets tentative FDA approval for Alzheimer's drug - Jan 08, 2010
- Cancer drug: Natco Pharma told to file reply by Aug 25 - Aug 21, 2012
- Public not to be hit if Natco Pharma licence cancelled: Bayer - Sep 03, 2012
- Decks cleared for Orchid to market anti-infectives in US - Sep 25, 2009
- Dr Reddy's launches anti-asthma tablets in US - Nov 20, 2010
- Ranbaxy settles issue with US health regulator - Dec 21, 2011
- Ranbaxy to launch anti-diabetic drug Actos by 2012 - Mar 15, 2010
- Sun Pharma gets US approval for Paraplatin injection - Sep 23, 2008
- Natco Pharma launches anti-swine flu medicine (Business Capsule) - Sep 18, 2009
- Ranbaxy posts $210 mn net profit - May 11, 2010
- Wockardt gets US nod for Tamsulosin capsules - Sep 29, 2009
- Core Gestra bags pharma excellence award - May 26, 2011
- Orchid Chemical to acquire US marketing company - Jun 10, 2010
- US pushing India to hike cancer drug price - Jul 13, 2012
Tags: abbreviated new drug application, bombay stock exchange, cancer drug, certifications, district court of maryland, ethyol, food and drug, food and drug administration, generic version, gujarat, kidneys, litigation, march 17, medimmune, ovarian cancer, patents, sun pharma, sun pharmaceutical industries, us food and drug administration, usfda