Sukhoi Superjet 100 completes static tests programmeSeptember 15th, 2010 - 6:26 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, Sep 15 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Russian experts have completed static capacity tests on the Sukhoi Superjet (SSJ) 100 aircraft, necessary for the implementation of SSJ 100 certification programme, the company said Wednesday.
Specialists from the Central Aerodynamics Institute tested the aircraft’s components for static capacity from October 2008 through August 2010 as part of the SSJ 100 certification programme, Sukhoi Civil Aircraft said.
“The completion of the static tests programme is an important landmark in the implementation of the SSJ 100 certification programme,” Sukhoi CEO Vladimir Prisyazhnyuk said.
“Besides the static tests, we have also completed a flight programme to confirm the aircraft’s strength characteristics,” he said.
The SSJ 100 is a family of medium-haul passenger aircraft developed by Sukhoi in cooperation with US and European aviation corporations, including Boeing, Snecma, Thales, Messier Dowty, Liebherr Aerospace and Honeywell.
Sukhoi has so far sealed deals on the delivery of 122 SSJ 100 aircraft.
- Pakistan may buy new Sukhoi superjets - May 09, 2012
- Sukhoi Superjet conducts first passenger flight - Apr 21, 2011
- Sukhoi, Indonesian airline sign $951 mn deal for 30 Superjet-100s - Jul 19, 2010
- Sukhoi superjet engines have flaws: Report - Jul 06, 2010
- Russian plane with 44 missing in Indonesia (Lead) - May 09, 2012
- Missing aircraft found in Indonesia - May 10, 2012
- No survivors found in Sukhoi crash (Lead) - May 10, 2012
- No survivors in Sukhoi crash, Russia opens criminal case (Second Lead) - May 10, 2012
- Farnborough air show sees deals worth $47 bn - Jul 24, 2010
- Sukhoi to sell 10 Superjet to Indian firm - Mar 15, 2012
- Russian stewardess fired for tweet on Sukhoi crash - May 11, 2012
- Superjet 100 cleared for maiden flight in May - Apr 26, 2008
- Russia's Sukhoi to cooperate with China - May 23, 2008
- Russia plans to sell SuperJet-100 airliners to India - Sep 30, 2008
- Crashed Sukhoi was replacement aircraft - May 16, 2012
Tags: aerodynamics, boeing, civil aircraft, corporations, dg, honeywell, kv, landmark, liebherr aerospace, messier dowty, moscow, passenger aircraft, ria novosti, russian experts, snecma, static tests, strength characteristics, sukhoi superjet 100, thales, vladimir