Subway targets to have 1,000 outlets in India by 2015May 1st, 2012 - 9:07 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 1 (IANS) Restaurant chain Subway Tuesday said it is targeting to raise the number of its outlets in India from the existing 263 to 1,000 by 2015 with an investment of $58 million.
The US-based company, present in 50 cities, will be targeting smaller Indian towns.
It aims to generate employment opportunities for another 15,000 people through this expansion in India.
“India is a promising business destination with a young, educated population having growing disposable income. Increased awareness and purchasing power are making the people seek quality products and aspire for better lifestyle,” Fred DeLuca, president and co-founder of Milford, Connecticut, US headquartered Subway, said in a statement.
“Subway will continue to evolve and adapt its product offerings to suit the Indian taste. Our focus however would always be health, freshness and quality,” DeLuca said.
He said the company aimed to expand its presence in India through franchise route. “Indians are entrepreneurs par excellence. That is what makes Subway positive on achieving its targets for India.”
- Lucas to market US firm's lubricants in India - Jun 07, 2011
- Canon to open 300 outlets across India's small towns - Nov 22, 2011
- KFC eyes 500 restaurants in India by 2015 - Dec 18, 2011
- Chhabra 555 to open 10 new outlets in 2011-12 - Apr 14, 2011
- India to share 10 percent of Forevermark global sales - Jul 21, 2012
- Burger King introduces bacon sundae in the US - Jun 13, 2012
- Toy story in a dog's world - Aug 25, 2011
- Panasonic India eyes Rs.25,000 crore turnover by 2015 - Jun 25, 2012
- Dr.Oetker targets 165 crore sale by 2015 - Sep 21, 2011
- India's first telecom business incubator in Kerala - Oct 27, 2011
- Toyota signs up AR Rahman as brand ambassador for Etios - Oct 15, 2010
- JGI Ventures to groom entrepreneurs with Rs.500 crore fund - Apr 06, 2011
- Dubai fast food chain comes to Delhi - Jan 31, 2012
- New-look Malabar Gold targets $6 bn turnover by 2015 - Mar 25, 2012
- Tolmol.com, Malaysian firm to launch 'Quran mobile' in India - Nov 21, 2011
Tags: business destination, co founder, disposable income, employment opportunities, franchise, fred deluca, freshness, india india, indian taste, indians, milford connecticut, New Delhi, par excellence, presence, product offerings, promising business, purchasing power, quality products, subway, targets