Strike over State Bank-associate merger Monday, WednesdayAugust 17th, 2008 - 10:00 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 17 (IANS) Public sector bank officers have threatened to go on strike Monday and Wednesday to protest against the merger of State Bank of Saurashtra (SBS) with its parent State Bank of India (SBI). The employees of the SBI and its seven associate banks will strike Monday while the other public sector bank officers will stop work Aug 20, All-India State Bank Officers Federation president T.N. Goel said here.
According to him, around 80,000 officers of the SBI and its associate banks will strike work in 15,000 branches Monday to protest against the merger.
Goel said the banking activities would come to a standstill in these branches with officers going on strike.
The central government recently gave its nod to the proposed SBI-SBS merger.
The Aug 20 strike is called by the All-India Bank Employees’ Association. More employee unions are expected to join the strike, union officials said.
- India's banking operations hit by nationwide staff strike (Roundup) - Aug 05, 2011
- Bank employees to go on strike Aug 22-23 - Aug 21, 2012
- Strike cripples banking operations in Karnataka - Aug 22, 2012
- Two-day bank strike from Wednesday - Aug 20, 2012
- Banking services hit in northeast India - Aug 22, 2012
- Banking activities paralysed as strike begins - Aug 22, 2012
- Bank unions to strike Friday - Aug 03, 2011
- Banking activity in Bengal comes to standstill - Aug 22, 2012
- 80,000 officers of State Bank, associates strike work - Aug 18, 2008
- Bank-strike disturbs services all over the country - Dec 16, 2009
- Staff strike hits banks operations in Karnataka - Aug 05, 2011
- Nationwide bank strike affects bank operations - Dec 16, 2009
- Bank of Rajasthan staff protest merger with ICICI Bank - Jun 04, 2010
- Government approves SBI-State Bank of Indore merger - Jul 15, 2010
- Bank employees in Rajasthan to strike work Monday - Jun 18, 2010
Tags: all india bank employees association, bank of india, banks, central government, employee unions, federation president, goel, going on strike, india bank employees association, india state, merger, New Delhi, nod, public sector bank, sbi, sbs, standstill, state bank, state bank of india, union officials