Straight from Africa, stale jungle safari at WIFWApril 9th, 2011 - 1:31 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 9 (IANS) Terming their line “bold”, designer duo Shantanu and Nikhil launched another label - S&N; Drape - on the third day of the Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week (WIFW) here Friday that had dresses in animal prints, body suits and hot-pants in various hues - but nothing new or different.
The line had various silhouettes, interesting drapes, pleating and texturing on animal prints as well as on fabrics like satin and silk.
The models walked the ramp with painted faces - very similar to tiger skins - and exaggerate hair-dos, as the background music fed the crowd with hits from Lady Gaga.
Though the designer duo’s line had nothing new to offer, the use of animal prints in dresses, shrugs and body suits raised the tempo of the show in which models wore skin fit mini dresses and hot pants with sheer elegance.
“Our line was very bold because we feel Indian audiences are now ready for this. All thanks to urbanisation, a lot has changed in India and youngsters like to be bold and hence their sense of styling is very edgy and youthful,” Nikhil told IANS after the show.
“We like to use bright colours, hence every time we have one bright colour - be it yellow or orange. This time it was orange and a little bit of copper and gold with a lot of surface texturing,” he added.
- Flush of colours Manoviraj Khosla's show - Sep 04, 2011
- When fashion went boho and vintage (2011 in Retrospect) - Dec 16, 2011
- Fusion of Eastern European art, Euro-Asian essence at LFW - Aug 20, 2011
- Colours, bling and cuts on WIFW runway - Apr 08, 2011
- Dia, Sameera cheer for Shantanu-Nikhil - Feb 15, 2012
- Chronicle of fashion foretold: Orange for winter - Apr 19, 2011
- Chic outfits in bold avtars to dominate 2012 - Jan 01, 2012
- Waistlines rose, beaded pieces ruled Indian fashion (2010 in Retrospect) - Dec 24, 2010
- Bridal makeup: Less is more - Nov 13, 2011
- 'Sheila Ki Jawani' finds its way to the ramp - Apr 09, 2011
- High on creativity, Gen Next designers open LFW (With Images) - Aug 17, 2011
- Designers Riimple-Mayyur revive Mughal, Victorian era - Mar 08, 2012
- Saris with a twist by Kiran Uttam Ghosh (With Images) - Jan 14, 2012
- Key to fashion statement is figuring out body type - Sep 21, 2010
- Pakistan designer styles Kashmiri embroidery for bridal wear (With Images) - Dec 21, 2011
Tags: animal prints, body suits, bright colour, bright colours, drape, hair dos, hot pants, hues, india fashion week, indian audiences, jungle safari, lady gaga, mini dresses, s line, shantanu, sheer elegance, shrugs, silhouettes, tiger skins, wills lifestyle india fashion week