‘Store Your Cells’- India’s first dental stem cell bank launchedMay 27th, 2010 - 5:32 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, May 27 (ANI/Business Wire India): Teeth are the newest and the easiest way of obtaining stem cells. ‘Store Your Cells’ is the first dental stem cell bank in India started by dentists at Dhruv Polyclinic, Mumbai.
Parents normally discard milk teeth when they fall out. The same milk teeth and wisdom teeth are a rich source of stem cells. They are easy to obtain and can be stored for as long as required.
Dental stem cells are potent stem cells that have been shown to be able to generate many cell and tissue types like bone, nerve, cartilage, teeth and fat. Scientists around the world continue to unlock the potential of dental stem cells, suggesting a very broad range of potential applications in regenerative medicine.
Dhruv Polyclinic has dentists and paediatricians with international experience. Stem cells are obtained painlessly from teeth which are about to fall out or are to be extracted, so there is no extra procedure to do. The stem cells are isolated and stored in a state of the science lab for as long as required. The laboratory’s processing and quality control procedures follow the strictest standards in stem cell banking and are AABB accredited (American Association of Blood Banks), FDA registered and compliant, CLIA certified, and licensed by the Department of Health in New York, Massachusetts and California.
Dental stem cell banking is one of the least expensive ways to access and bank your own stem cells for future use. It also means these stem cells will be a perfect match for the donor and potentially useful for closely related family members.
Dhruv Polyclinic is centrally located in Mumbai with easy access by road, rail and air. The entire procedure from consultation to extraction and continuing care is carried out by expert doctors at Dhruv Polyclinic.
‘Store Your Cells’ is a service started by Dhruv Polyclinic based at Mulund (Mumbai). Dr. Kedar Gadgil is the Director and lead clinician of Dhruv Polyclinic. He is a successful implant dentist practising at London (UK), Kent (UK), and Mumbai .
Dental Stem Cell banking service is the newest addition to the existing medical, dental and pathology services offered by Dhruv Polyclinic. The vision of ‘Store Your Cells’ is to give people an opportunity to store dental stem cells easily and be able to cure diseases or conditions that cannot be cured by existing treatments/applications. (ANI)
- Your child's milk tooth can save her life - Mar 30, 2012
- Extracted wisdom teeth could be new stem cell reservoirs - Jun 26, 2010
- Bad breath chemical converts dental pulp into liver cells - Feb 27, 2012
- Wisdom teeth could be stem cell source - Sep 11, 2010
- Menstrual blood stem cells can treat many ailments - May 04, 2011
- Want a dazzling smile? Go for dental jewellery! - Sep 07, 2010
- Stem cell revolution can defeat Alzheimer's - Jun 05, 2011
- Scientists develop toothy way to treat spinal injuries - Dec 04, 2011
- Soon, nano-sized dental film to bring decayed teeth back to life - Jul 01, 2010
- Grin and bare it - with a dental tattoo! (With Images) - May 01, 2011
- Breast milk can be source for stem cells - Oct 18, 2011
- Dental facelift can make you look 10 years younger - Dec 13, 2010
- Nano-sized advance to bring diseased teeth back to life - Jul 01, 2010
- Bottle-feeding linked to tooth decay in infants - Feb 06, 2011
- 'Seaweed bacteria more effective than toothpaste' - Jul 05, 2012
Tags: american association of blood banks, cartilage, clinician, continuing care, department of health, expert doctors, gadgil, international experience, kedar, milk teeth, paediatricians, perfect match, quality control procedures, related family, rich source, science lab, stem cell, stem cells, tissue types, wisdom teeth