Stock Holding Corporation launches e-stamping facilityMay 7th, 2008 - 11:27 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, May 7 (IANS) Stock Holding Corporation of India Ltd (SHCIL), India’s largest custodian and depository participant, launched its state-of-the-art electronic stamping (e-stamping) facility here Wednesday. The facility, inaugurated by Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit, will be available to the public at authorized collection centres - SHCIL branches and Corporation Bank branches - in the capital.
Said R.C Razdan, chairman and managing director of Stock Holding Corporation of India: “The e-stamping system has been designed to prevent paper and process-related fraudulent practices.”
“It offers a reliable stamp duty collection mechanism; and stores information in secured electronic form and builds up a central data repository to facilitate easy verification. Both the public as well as the New Delhi government will benefit from the e-stamping facility.”
The entire exercise of stamp duty payment and generation of a stamp duty certificate takes not more than three minutes with the new system.
The Corporation Bank plans to launch e-stamping facility in Maharashtra shortly. It is also in talks with the governments of Bihar and Tamil Nadu for establishing this facility.
SHCIL, which has been appointed by the government as a central record keeping agency, implemented the e-stamping facility in five cities of Gujarat - Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar, Surat, Rajkot and Baroda - and in Bangalore in March.
- Now lower-value e-stamp papers in Delhi - Feb 06, 2012
- Delhi opens e-stamp property registration office - Jul 02, 2012
- Punjab to introduce e-stamping to curb revenue leakage - Aug 21, 2008
- Finance Minister outlines measures to 'improve governance' - Feb 28, 2011
- E-stamping to be introduced in Uttar Pradesh soon - Dec 01, 2008
- Dhumal presents Rs.16,708.47 crore budget (With image) - Mar 09, 2011
- Bank of Baroda to expand operations in New Zealand - Apr 03, 2011
- Goa to launch e-tendering initiative - May 26, 2011
- Chandigarh to introduce e-stamping of documents - Oct 14, 2009
- Bank of Baroda expands in Africa with new Uganda branch - Jun 02, 2011
- New system soon to book train e-tickets - Sep 14, 2012
- Syndicate Bank opens 108 branches in a day - Mar 31, 2012
- Rs.20 lakh robbed from Chennai bank - Jan 24, 2012
- MTS to spend Rs.100 crore on data services in Gujarat - Mar 03, 2011
- Banking activities paralysed as strike begins - Aug 22, 2012
Tags: ahmedabad, authorized collection, bank branches, baroda, bihar, central data repository, chief minister, collection mechanism, delhi government, depository participant, fraudulent practices, gandhinagar, maharashtra, rajkot, razdan, shcil, sheila dikshit, stamp duty, stock holding corporation of india, stock holding corporation of india ltd