Steve Jobs resigns as Apple CEOAugust 25th, 2011 - 7:57 am ICT by IANS
Moscow, Aug 25 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Apple’s chief executive officer Steve Jobs Wednesday announced his resignation from the computer technologies giant.
“I have always said if there ever came a day when I could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apple’s CEO, I would be the first to let you know. Unfortunately, that day has come,” Jobs said in his letter of resignation.
Jobs, who reigned the company for 14 years, also said that he will be replaced by his long-time companion and acting CEO Tim Cook.
Jobs, 56, has been on an indefinite leave since mid-January due to medical reasons.
He underwent an operation for pancreatic cancer in 2004 and received a liver transplant in early 2009.
Since then he was finding it increasingly difficult to cope with his health and business problems.
He co-founded the company in a garage.
- Apple co-founder Steve Jobs died of respiratory arrest, death certificate shows - Oct 11, 2011
- Apple to hold Steve Jobs memorial Sunday - Oct 15, 2011
- Apple flash mob to be held in St.Petersburg - Oct 14, 2011
- Apple co-founder Steve Jobs dead at 56 - Oct 06, 2011
- Milestones in a tech legend's journey - Oct 06, 2011
- Apple Inc. Officials Tight-lipped About Steve Jobs's Medical Leave - Jan 18, 2011
- Apple CEO Jobs to take medical leave - Jan 18, 2011
- World says iGrieve as Steve Jobs passes away - Oct 06, 2011
- Tech legend Steve Jobs quits as Apple CEO - Aug 25, 2011
- New video shows Apple CEO suffering from pain - Feb 22, 2011
- Jobs changed the world: Medvedev - Oct 06, 2011
- Apple CEO Steve Jobs resigns due to health problems - Aug 25, 2011
- Apple CEO has just six weeks to live: Report - Feb 17, 2011
- Olympic athletics: Kenyan Rudisha wins gold in Men's 800m - Aug 10, 2012
- Apple CEO health mystery: White House doesn't release meeting photo - Feb 18, 2011
Tags: apple ceo, business problems, cancer, chief executive officer, computer technologies, giant, Health Science, indefinite leave, letter of resignation, liver transplant, long time, medical reasons, moscow, ria novosti, steve jobs, tim cook, time companion