Sterlite Technologies plans Chinese JV to produce optical fibreNovember 17th, 2010 - 5:39 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 17 (IANS) Global telecom and power transmission solution provider Sterlite Technologies and optical cable solutions provider Jiangsu Tongguang Communication Wednesday said they will form a joint venture company — Jiangsu Sterlite and Tongguang Optical Fibres — in China.
The joint venture will be manufacturing, marketing and distributing optical fibre used in the production of fibre optic cables.
Under the agreement, Sterlite will bring expertise in optical fibre technology and Jiangsu Tongguang Communication will bring fibre cable manufacturing and market expertise in the Chinese market.
“With the continued roll-out of 3G telecom services, China has retained its position as the largest market for optical fibres in the world. We believe that China would continue to develop and upgrade its telecommunication infrastructure to remain globally competitive and this would ensure that the demand for optical fibres would be sustained over the long term,” said Pravin Agarwal, whole-time director of Sterlite Technologies.
- Sterlite bags contracts worth Rs.600 crore - Dec 01, 2009
- Sterlite wins $160 mn power project for northeast - Feb 22, 2010
- No business can afford to ignore Indian ICT market: Sibal - Feb 28, 2012
- Balochistan to lay 5,500 km of optic fibre cables - Jul 14, 2011
- Sonata Software forms joint venture in Qatar - Dec 21, 2011
- C-DOT transfers optical fibre technology to firms - Dec 05, 2011
- New fibre optics technology to speed up internet - May 04, 2010
- African financial services firm to assist, advise India Inc - Mar 29, 2011
- RComm, Coolpad launch Android CDMA phone in Kolkata - Sep 08, 2011
- TCS, Mitsubishi form joint venture firm - Feb 08, 2012
- Tata Communications breaks into Nigerian market - Jul 27, 2012
- Now, nano-based technology that can make PCs, net hundreds of times faster - May 04, 2010
- ZTE bags enterprise solutions contract from Power Grid - Sep 13, 2011
- Post office bank proposal awaits RBI nod - Jul 09, 2012
- Havells' China joint venture to make green lighting goods - Dec 26, 2011
Tags: 3g telecom, cable solutions, chinese market, fibre optic cables, global telecom, jiangsu, joint venture company, market expertise, New Delhi, optical cable, optical fibre technology, optical fibres, power transmission, solution provider, solutions provider, sterlite, telecom services, telecommunication infrastructure, time director, whole time