Sterlite-Leighton to build multipurpose berth at Paradip portJuly 5th, 2010 - 2:22 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, July 5 (IANS) A consortium of Sterlite Industries and Leighton Contractors will build a multi-purpose berth at Orissa’s Paradip port at an estimated cost of Rs.387.31 crore, a port official said Monday.
“The board of trustees of the Paradip Port Trust has approved issue of letter of award in favour of the consortium at a revenue share of 23.40 per cent to the port,” he said.
The multi-purpose berth for handling clean cargo, including container, will be built on a build-operate-transfer (BOT) basis and the operator’s component will be around Rs.329 crore, he said.
The Trust will spend about Rs.58 crore towards capital dredging in front of the berth, he said.
The concession period shall be 30 years from the date of award of the concession which includes construction period of 36 months for the project facilities, he said.
On completion of the project, Port will be able to handle clean cargo including container in a dedicated terminal. This will add five million tonne per annum to the port capacity, he said.
- Paradip Port to have iron ore terminal - Jul 01, 2009
- Paradip port's new berth faces clearance delay - Apr 17, 2010
- Essar, Paradip Port sign deal for Rs.400-crore coal berth - Nov 10, 2009
- Four cargo berths at Kandla port approved - Aug 20, 2009
- Rs.750 crore sanctioned for ship repair unit in Kerala - Sep 14, 2012
- Manmohan Singh to dedicate new Kerala port to nation on Feb.11 - Feb 07, 2011
- PM to open container terminal in Kerala - Feb 06, 2011
- Six PPP port projects to be sanctioned this year: Vasan - Feb 20, 2012
- Cabinet approves Rs.7,296 crore for Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust - Jan 28, 2010
- Chennai Port acquires 125 acres for dry port - Sep 21, 2010
- Cabinet approves development of Vizag's East Quay 1 - Nov 26, 2010
- Shipping ministry calls meeting for Chennai port road project - Jan 12, 2010
- Cabinet approves new quay at Visakhapatnam port - Nov 26, 2010
- PM inaugurates mega transhipment terminal in Kerala - Feb 11, 2011
- UAE's Fujairah emirate to step up petroleum facilities - Jun 30, 2012