Steel Strips Wheels to expand capacitySeptember 13th, 2010 - 6:27 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 13 (IANS) Auto-component manufacturer Steel Strips Wheels Ltd (SSWL) Monday said that it is increasing the capacity of its plant at Oragadam near Chennai by four million wheel rims at a cost of Rs.60 crore.
According to the company, the step is in line to cater the growin demand in the domestic and export markets. The expansion would be complete by 2011.
The company also said that it has bagged an order for 4,000 automotive steel wheels by a company based in Germany.
SSWL offers steel wheels for passenger cars, Multi Utility Vehicles (MUV), tractors, trucks, OTR (Off the Road) vehicles and two and three wheelers.
Recently, the company setup its third plant in Jamsedpur for truck wheels at an cost of Rs.140 crore. The company has another facility in Dappar near Chandigarh.
- Steel Strips Wheels bags export order worth Rs.15 lakh - Oct 18, 2010
- 'Steel Strips Wheels' commences exports to Audi - Dec 30, 2011
- Eicher Motors to expand two-wheeler production - Jul 12, 2011
- Wheels India to invest Rs.70 crore on expansion - Oct 27, 2011
- Greaves Cotton plans to expand construction equipment, diesel engine range - Apr 28, 2012
- Italian firm Sogefi to expand capacity in India - Jul 06, 2012
- Leyland-Deere to enter wheel-loader segment in 2013 - Nov 22, 2011
- Tafe to invest Rs.1 bn to expand battery capacity - Dec 01, 2010
- JK Tyre enters Tamil Nadu with Rs.1500 crore plant - Aug 04, 2010
- Michelin to roll out radial truck tyres in 2012 - Jul 06, 2011
- Mahindra Navistar to beef up product distribution range - Jan 24, 2011
- Apollo Tyres ups new plant investment to Rs.2,100 crore (Lead) - Jan 11, 2011
- Bosch to invest Rs.2,200 crore to ramp up production - Jan 04, 2012
- Daimler to shift truck manufacturing to Tamil Nadu - Apr 18, 2012
- Apollo Tyres raises new plant investment to Rs.2,100 crore - Jan 11, 2011
Tags: chandigarh, chennai, component manufacturer, crore, export markets, germany, New Delhi, passenger cars, road vehicles, steel strips, steel wheels, three wheelers, tractors, truck wheels, trucks, utility vehicles, wheel, wheel rims