State-run job portal in KeralaAugust 5th, 2012 - 4:39 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, Aug 5 (IANS) With more than four million educated unemployed in the state, Kerala is launching what is perhaps the country’s first government-run job portal.
The portal will feature jobs in Kerala and outside the state in both the private and the public sectors. The website would be officially launched Wednesday.
The brain child of engineer-turned Labour Minister Shibhu Baby John, the site would be managed by the state-owned Kerala State Electronics Development Corporation Limited (Keltron) and would be run by the Overseas Development and Employment Promotion Consultants (ODEPC), a department under John’s labour ministry.
“This is the first time that a state government is taking the lead to run a job portal and all those who wish to register can do so with a token fees. The website www.odepc.kerala.gov.in will feature jobs in both the private and public sector in the country besides numerous overseas employment vacancies,” said John.
The registration fee for uploading a resume ranges from Rs.70 to Rs.600 depending on the qualification of the job aspirant.
Using a user id, every one who registers can make changes to their bio-data as and when they wish to do, besides search and apply for the jobs that are listed.
“We are in talks with numerous private and public sector companies and also reputed companies abroad including government hospitals and departments, who have agreed to cooperate with us when it comes to recruitment by them,” said John.
“Once we pass on the bio-data to the companies, intimation would be send to the job aspirants, detailing of what has happened to their bio-data,” said John.
- Smart City Kochi, Kerala government to float skill academy - Jan 23, 2012
- Kerala to launch virtual classrooms in 34 ITIs - May 14, 2012
- Kerala to reactivate state-run overseas recruitment arm - Aug 19, 2011
- Kerala's private hospitals flouting laws: Minister - Dec 27, 2011
- Construction biggies keen to partner Kerala to set up academy - Dec 08, 2011
- US private-sector added 325,000 jobs in December - Jan 06, 2012
- Kerala's Onam gesture to migrant labour - Aug 23, 2012
- Most get paid holiday on poll day in Kerala - Apr 12, 2011
- Parliamentary panel favours dole to jobless youths - Sep 01, 2011
- Nurses' strike: Court orders police protection for hospital (Lead) - Feb 01, 2012
- Far from home, Kerala nurses a lifeline for families (March 8 is International Women's Day) - Mar 05, 2011
- Kerala expecting huge overseas investment: Chandy - Apr 20, 2012
- Pay for damage to public property to get bail: Court (Lead) - Oct 24, 2011
- Healthcare insurance portal snag rectified: Wipro - Jul 19, 2011
- Indian management students prefer public sector jobs: Study - Jul 16, 2012
Tags: aspirant, baby john, brain child, development corporation limited, electronics development, employment promotion, employment vacancies, government hospitals, keltron, kerala, labour minister, labour ministry, odepc, overseas employment, public sector companies, public sectors, registration fee, state electronics, taking the lead, thiruvananthapuram