State home loan lender reduces ratesJune 22nd, 2009 - 9:53 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 22 (IANS) State-owned home loan lender Housing and Urban Development Corp (HUDCO) has lowered interest rates by up to 125 basis points.
The new rates, which will come into force Tuesday, will bring down rates from 9.5 percent to 8.5 percent for home loans taken by widows and people from the Scheduled Castes (SC) and the Scheduled Tribes (ST) categories, a government statement said.
Minister of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation Kumari Selja had earlier called for more focused approach on social housing and affordable housing, the release said.
As per an agreement between HUDCO and the ministry, 84 percent of the total dwelling units sanctioned for 2009-10 should cover economically weaker section (EWS) and low income group (LIG) categories.
The interest rates on state government borrowings and loans for power projects and real estate projects would be cut by up to 125 basis points, the release added.
- Use incentives to build affordable housing: Minister - Feb 28, 2011
- Use incentives to build affordable housing: Selja (Lead) - Feb 28, 2011
- Housing ministry offers to help quake-hit states - Sep 19, 2011
- 95 million Indians will be living in urban slums by 2012 - Oct 28, 2010
- Involve people in public-private-partnership model: Selja - Sep 13, 2012
- Realty sector sore with union budget - Mar 16, 2012
- 134 urban development schemes cleared for northeast - Sep 18, 2011
- Plan to provide cheap houses to urban poor - Sep 28, 2011
- Govt. is working for legal framework for protection of art in public places: Kumari Selja - Feb 11, 2011
- Government housing scheme also for middle income groups - Jul 18, 2009
- More efforts needed to make India slum-free: Selja - May 09, 2012
- Half infrastructure development cost to come from private sector: Kumari Selja - Sep 13, 2012
- Legislation in offing for street vendors - Nov 11, 2011
- Indian Bank, IOB hike lending rate to 8.5 percent - Oct 01, 2010
- Affordable housing hit badly in real estate slump (Comment) - Jul 15, 2012
Tags: affordable housing, basis points, borrowings, castes, dwelling units, estate projects, ews, government statement, home loan lender, home loans, housing and urban development, hudco, income group, minister of housing, poverty alleviation, power projects, social housing, state government, urban poverty, widows