State Bank of India net profit up 45.62 percentMay 9th, 2009 - 8:53 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 9 (IANS) The country’s largest lender State Bank of India (SBI) Saturday reported a 45.62 percent rise in its net profit for the quarter ended March 31.
The bank said in a regulatory statement that its fourth quarter profit stood at Rs.2,742.31 crore, up from Rs.1,883.25 crore in the like period last year.
SBI’s total income in January-March increased 34.57 percent to Rs.22,060.61 crore from Rs.16,393.93 crore a year ago.
The bank, which accounts for about 25 percent of all loans and deposits in the country, declared a 290 percent dividend at Rs.29 per share for fiscal 2008-09 that ended March 31.
SBI’s net profit increased 36 percent to Rs.9,121.2 crore last fiscal, compared to Rs.6,729.1 crore the previous year.
Total income for the fiscal rose 33 percent to Rs.76,479.2 crore from the previous year’s Rs.57,645.2 crore.
Consolidated net profit was at Rs.10,955.2 crore, a 22 percent increase from Rs.8,960.6 crore in 2007-08.
The group’s consolidated net income crossed the trillion rupee mark to Rs.113,093 crore (Rs.1.1 trillion) in 2008-09, 25 percent up from the previous fiscal’s Rs.90,218.8 crore.
- SBI net profit up 35.5 percent in 2008-09 (Lead, Changing dateline) - May 09, 2009
- Worst is over for Indian economy: SBI chief (Second Lead) - May 09, 2009
- SBI's third quarter net profit up 15.38 percent - Feb 13, 2012
- HDFC Bank Q4 profit up 30 percent - Apr 18, 2012
- Indian Bank posts 13 percent growth in net profit - Jul 23, 2012
- SBI net profit rises 14 percent at Rs.2,828 crore - Jan 22, 2011
- SBI quarterly net profit rises 12.4 percent - Nov 09, 2011
- SBI net profit jumps 25 percent, scrip at all time high - Aug 12, 2010
- BEML posts Rs.14 crore net loss in Q4 of 2011-12 - May 31, 2012
- ICICI's third quarter net profit up 20.25 percent - Jan 31, 2012
- MindTree net plunges 53 percent in fiscal 2010-11 - Apr 21, 2011
- Canara Bank net up five percent in third quarter - Jan 31, 2011
- DLF's Q1 net profit down 55 percent - Aug 02, 2011
- Tube Investments logs 37 percent net profit growth - Apr 30, 2012
- ICICI Bank's net profit jumps 30.5 percent in third quarter - Jan 24, 2011
Tags: bank of india, crore, dividend, fourth quarter, loans, net income, net profit, quarter ended march, quarter profit, rs 1, rs 2, rs 6, rs 8, rs 90, rupee, sbi, state bank, state bank of india, trillion