State Bank cuts deposit rates by 25 basis pointsJune 13th, 2009 - 11:07 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 13 (IANS) The State Bank of India, the country’s largest lender, has lowered interest rates across the board by 25 basis points for deposits below Rs.1 crore, in what is seen as a precursor for rate cuts for the corporate sector.
For deposits for 15-45 days, the interest rate has been lowered to three percent, while for between eight and 10 years, it stands at eight percent, the state-run commercial bank announced Saturday.
The new rates take effect Monday.
The bank has also cut the interest rate for deposits of Rs.1 crore and above, but only for longer maturity. While for 271 days to one year, the rate stands revised from five percent at 4.5 percent, and that for above one year has been cut to five percent from 5.5 percent.
The announcement comes after Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee nudged commercial banks to cut interest rates, saying it was necessary for the corporate sector to get credit at affordable prices to push India’s overall economic growth.
- SBI cuts fixed deposit rates by up to 1 percent - Sep 05, 2012
- Banks lower interest rates taking cues from RBI policy - Apr 19, 2012
- SBI cuts interest rates on term deposits - Aug 02, 2012
- SBI, Allahabad Bank cut interest rates - Apr 23, 2012
- Inflation, fiscal deficit leave little room for rate cut - Jul 29, 2012
- No impact of rupee slide on banks: SBI chief - May 28, 2012
- Interest rates on provident fund, post office savings hiked - Nov 11, 2011
- PNB raises interest rate on NRE term deposits - Dec 27, 2011
- RBI keeps key rates unchanged, cuts SLR by 1 percent (Roundup) - Jul 31, 2012
- SBI lowers deposit rates by 0.25 percent - Jun 07, 2012
- SBI, PNB hike interest rate on NRE term deposits (Lead) - Dec 27, 2011
- State Bank of India hikes deposit rates up to 150 basis points - Dec 06, 2010
- PNB, Allahabad Bank hike lending, deposit rates - Jul 29, 2011
- Bank of India raises interest rates on NRE term deposits - Dec 29, 2011
- State Bank lowers deposit rates - Nov 06, 2009
Tags: 1 crore, 10 years, bank of india, basis points, commercial banks, corporate sector, economic growth, finance minister, interest rate, interest rates, maturity, New Delhi, pranab mukherjee, precursor, rs 1, state bank, state bank of india