Standard Chartered Equity invests Rs.130 crore in Karaikal portJune 27th, 2012 - 11:42 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, June 27 (IANS) Karaikal port’s operating company Karaikal Port Private Ltd. Wednesday announced an investment of Rs.130 crore by Standard Chartered Private Equity (Mauritius) Ltd. by way of primary and secondary investments.
In a statement issued here, Marg Ltd., the parent company of Karaikal Port Pvt. Ltd., said the investment by Standard Chartered Private Equity is for a minority stake.
The primary subscription funds will be used for expansion plans of the port, located in the Puducherry union territory.
“There is strong demand for high quality port infrastructure to service expanding external trade and increasing needs for multiple commodities for the growing economy. This strong macro demand combined with several ports in the country already being capacity constrained or facing other logistical and infrastructural challenges presents a solid opportunity for newer and modern private sectors ports like Karaikal,” the statement quoted Standard Chartered Equity managing director Rahul Raisurana as saying.
Raisurana will be joining the Karaikal Port board.
- GMR Airports Holding gets nod for $200 mn fund infusion - May 11, 2011
- TVS Logistics gets $53 million equity funding - Apr 19, 2012
- BJP alleges Mayawati's brother owns airline, demands probe - Feb 07, 2012
- Karaikal port gets connected to rail network - Jan 27, 2010
- Key points of order denying bail to Kanimozhi, Sharad Kumar - Jun 08, 2011
- Relax investment norms for private equity funds: CII - Aug 21, 2011
- Court approves demerger of Essar Shipping, Ports and Logistics - Mar 03, 2011
- MARG bags Gujarat power project's work - Jul 27, 2011
- Kolkata firm begins wind energy project in Tamil Nadu - Apr 05, 2011
- NRPPL raises $40 million for power projects - Jul 18, 2011
- Sical shareholders approve Tanglin preferential issue (Lead) - Dec 14, 2010
- Marg to rejig business, Q1 net profit at Rs.11.34 crore - Aug 13, 2010
- Sical Logistics to acquire Tanglin Reality - Dec 14, 2010
- Tamil Nadu to sign MoUs with Japanese firms: Jayalalithaa - Feb 12, 2012
- Chennai's Shriram Housing aims big in this fiscal - Mar 30, 2012
Tags: challenges, commodities, crore, economy, expansion plans, high quality, investments, june 27, managing director, minority stake, parent company, port infrastructure, ports, private ltd, private sectors, pvt ltd, standard chartered private equity, union territory