Sri Lanka, Israel hold bilateral trade talksApril 23rd, 2012 - 3:51 pm ICT by IANS
Colombo, April 23 (IANS) Sri Lanka and Israel have held their first bilateral consultation on enhancing trade ties, authorities said.
This came immediately after Palestinian President Muhammad Abbas toured Sri Lanka and signed several agreements, reported Xinhua.
Discussions were held between External Affairs Secretary Karunatilaka Amunugama and Ruth Kahanoff, head of Asia and the Pacific department of Israeli foreign ministry, a statement released by Sri Lankan external affairs ministry said here Monday.
Both were heading their respective delegation at bilateral consultations.
The two sides discussed ways and means of promoting bilateral relations and opportunities for further cooperation in various fields such as agriculture, tourism, trade and employment.
“They also expressed confidence that the annual consultations will provide a solid platform to further strengthen their multifaceted relations and promote closer economic cooperation for mutual benefit,” the statement said.
Israel has also agreed to offer more employment opportunities for Sri Lankans.
- India, Sri Lanka to double trade to $10 bn by 2015 - Aug 03, 2012
- India, Sri Lanka to jointly develop fisheries - Jan 15, 2012
- Sri Lanka signs air service agreement with EU - Oct 28, 2011
- India, Sri Lanka ink four pacts - Jan 17, 2012
- China seeks closer ties with Sri Lanka - Sep 18, 2012
- Nirupama Rao discusses fishermen killings with Lankan Govt. - Jan 31, 2011
- India, US to assist Sri Lanka military - Jun 05, 2012
- Mathai to visit Sri Lanka - Oct 05, 2011
- Sri Lanka to protest British travel advisory - Aug 20, 2012
- India, Bangladesh to review projects, discuss Teesta pact - Jul 23, 2012
- India, Sri Lanka take ties to new heights (Lead) - Nov 26, 2010
- 2010 an eventful year for Indian diplomacy - Jan 05, 2011
- India, Sri Lanka agree to avoid use of force against fishermen - Mar 29, 2011
- Foreign Secretary convenes meeting on fishing in waters between India and Sri Lanka - Feb 26, 2011
- Travel advisory: India assures safety to visiting Sri Lankans (Lead) - Sep 04, 2012
Tags: abbas, agriculture tourism, bilateral consultations, bilateral relations, bilateral trade, delegation, economic cooperation, employment opportunities, external affairs ministry, israeli foreign ministry, muhammad, mutual benefit, palestinian president, sri lankan, sri lankans, tourism trade, trade talks, trade ties, ways and means, xinhua