SREI’s second quarter profit dips 21 percentOctober 30th, 2008 - 9:48 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Oct 30 (IANS) The city-based Infrastructure finance company SREI Infrastructure Finance Ltd has posted a net profit of Rs.261.8 million in the second quarter this fiscal as against Rs.331.8 million in the year-ago period, a decrease of 21 percent.Announcing the unaudited consolidated financial results here Thursday, SREI chairman and managing director Hemant Kanoria said the reduction in profit margin was due to the provisioning of much higher deferred tax and interest payments this fiscal.
The total consolidated income of the company increased over 50 percent to Rs.2.44 billion in the July-September quarter, up from Rs.1.62 billion a year earlier.
In the first six months of 2008-09, SREI’s net profit after tax went up 23 percent to Rs.693.8 million from Rs.565 million in the corresponding period last fiscal.
Kanoria said the company’s disbursement in the first half this year was worth Rs.46.5 billion as against Rs.29.15 billion in the corresponding period last year, recording a growth of 60 percent.
“However, the global financial crisis will definitely expose all companies to new set of challenges in the next few months. We are hoping for a disbursement growth of 35 to 40 percent in the second half of the year,” he said.
Dwelling on the effect of the recent global meltdown on the Indian economy, Kanoria said the government needed to take pro-active steps for releasing substantial funds into the infrastructure sector.
“The government will have to increase its spend in the infrastructure sector and rely on greater private sector partnership to pull back the economy from an impending gloom,” he said.
- Rs.2 bn equity investment in Srei Equipment Finance okayed - Aug 11, 2012
- Srei to focus on IT, healthcare equipment financing - May 14, 2012
- Srei's 2010-11 net profit up by 15 percent - May 19, 2011
- Srei Infra's Q3 net slips by 51.8 percent - Feb 03, 2012
- Srei posts Rs.26.58 crore net profit for second quarter - Oct 26, 2009
- SREI Infra to integrate Quippo with self - Jan 29, 2010
- NTPC's third quarter net profit at Rs.2,371.48 crore - Jan 31, 2011
- Idea Cellular's second quarter net down 48.5 percent - Oct 21, 2011
- Tata Steel Q4 net slips about 90 percent - May 18, 2012
- Magma Fincorp Q1 net jumps 93 percent - Jul 12, 2012
- Reliance Capital nets 329 crore profit in Jan-March quarter - May 19, 2012
- Bajaj Auto's fourth quarter net profit down 45 percent - May 17, 2012
- UCO Bank Q1 net profit jumps 24 percent - Aug 04, 2012
- Tea firm McLeod Russel's net profit dips 13 percent - Jan 31, 2012
- Coal India's Q3 net up by 54 percent - Feb 13, 2012