Sreedharan inspects metro extension to GhaziabadJune 16th, 2011 - 8:46 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 16 (IANS) Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) managing director E. Sreedharan Thursday inspected the extension of the metro line from Anand Vihar to Vaishali, which links the national capital with Ghaziabad in neighbouring Uttar Pradesh, a DMRC official said.
Sreedharan’s inspection took place as the DMRC plans to have the 2.57-km Anand Vihar-Vaishali Metro corridor inaugurated by Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati in July.
This stretch of the Delhi metro presently runs from the Yamuna Bank up to the Anand Vihar inter-state bus terminal (ISBT). Extended to Vaishali, the metro will reach inside Ghaziabad district for the first time.
According to DMRC officials, the new metro stations will cater to about 40,000 commuters. The route will benefit passengers from Kaushambi, Vaishali, Vasundhara, Indirapuram, Delta colonies and Sahibabad areas in Ghaziabad district.
“Inspecting the station structures as well as all other vital sections of the corridor like the parking lot, Sreedharan expected satisfaction. DMRC is also preparing the necessary papers for the inspection by the commissioner for metro rail safety (CMRS), which will be sent to them shortly,” Anuj Dayal, spokesperson, DMRC said.
He also said that night trials have also started since Wednesday. CCTV cameras meant for the safety of the commuters have been installed and Metro staff has already been mobilised to manage the new stations.
Apart from this, DMRC also said they have written to the Ghaziabad Development Authority (GDA) to arrange for feeder buses to cater to the nearby residential areas of Vasundhara and Indirapuram.
The two elevated stations - Kaushambi and Vaishali - have been built at a cost of Rs.260 crore sanctioned by the GDA.
The DMRC officials also said the Vaishali station will have parking spaces to accommodate approximately 110 cars and 140 two-wheelers and the Kaushambi station will have space for about 74 cars and 130 two-wheelers.
- Delhi Metro to reach Mohan Nagar in Ghaziabad - Jul 12, 2011
- Metro services to Ghaziabad start Thursday - Jul 12, 2011
- Metro services hit in Vaishali (Lead) - Jan 02, 2012
- Much-awaited Vaishali line may get delayed - Jul 02, 2011
- Delhi Metro's airport line likely to begin in 15 days - Dec 24, 2010
- Metro services hit in Vaishali - Jan 02, 2012
- Delhi Metro services to Ghaziabad begin - Jul 14, 2011
- Nearly 30,000 use Delhi Metro in Ghaziabad on first day - Jul 14, 2011
- Metro gets extension from Dilshad Garden to Ghaziabad - Feb 11, 2010
- With Metro line, Anand Vihar turns into 'transport hub' - Jan 06, 2010
- Medical counters to come up at Delhi Metro stations - Mar 08, 2011
- Two central Delhi Metro stations to close early on New Year's eve - Dec 30, 2011
- Ghaziabad board to impose new cess to fund Metro rail - Mar 12, 2010
- Delhi Metro now goes to Ghaziabad (Lead) - Jul 14, 2011
- Delhi Metro's airport line gets safety clearance, to begin soon (Lead) - Jan 10, 2011
Tags: bus terminal, cctv cameras, cmrs, crore, delhi metro rail, delhi metro rail corporation, dmrc, feeder buses, ghaziabad development authority, indirapuram, inter state, Mayawati, metro line, metro staff, metro stations, necessary papers, rail safety, station structures, vaishali, vital sections