Spielberg accused of ripping Hitchcocks Disturbia plotSeptember 9th, 2008 - 5:45 pm ICT by ANI
Washington , Sep 9 (ANI): Hollywood filmmaker Steven Spielberg has been accused of stealing the Disturbia plot from Alfred Hitchcocks Rear Window.
Spielbergs Dreamworks Studio and Universal Pictures have been charged by the current owners of author Cornell Woolrich’’s short story, which inspired Hitchcock’’s 1954 classic thriller.
Actor James Stewart, who starred in the Rear Window had bought the rights to the story and the representatives at the Sheldon Abend Revocable Trust have stated that Spielberg should have done the same before making his film.
According to the lawsuit, filed in New York , the plots of Disturbia and Rear Window are “essentially the same”, reports Contactmusic.
The critics have claimed that Disturbia starring Shia LaBeouf is rip off of Hitchcocks Rear Window. (ANI)
- Actor Shia LaBeouf Disparages 'Indiana Jones' Sequel - May 19, 2010
- Grace Kelly's exclusive dresses on display in London - Jul 16, 2010
- LaBeouf handcuffed after bar brawl - Feb 06, 2011
- Watson, Grint are highest-earning on-screen couple - Jan 07, 2012
- Shia LaBeouf Handcuffed After A Bar Fight - Feb 06, 2011
- Anthony Hopkins To Play Alfred Hitchcock On Big Screen? - Jan 23, 2011
- Pitt, LaBeouf to star in 'Riptide'? - Jul 04, 2010
- Shia LaBeouf and Carey Mulligan Split? - Oct 21, 2010
- Shia LaBeouf 'handcuffed by police after bar brawl in LA' - Feb 06, 2011
- LaBeouf spotted holding hands with mystery girl after Carey Mulligan split - Dec 29, 2010
- Shia Labeouf denies crush on 'Transformers 3' co-star - Jul 27, 2010
- Shia LaBeouf steps out with new girl - Feb 15, 2011
- Shia Labeouf & Carey Mulligan split, Carey heads to London - Oct 18, 2010
- Shia LaBeouf says his damaged hand is now '100pc' better - Sep 22, 2010
- Shia LaBeouf confirms Indiana Jones 5 - Jun 17, 2009